Hello Beautiful!

Now don't feel left out guys ... I know that typically when we talk about beauty in our society we're referring to women, but inner beauty can be applied equally, regardless of gender.

I just wanted to pop in a say a quick hello.  I hope that you're well!  I'm sorry I haven't been around at all.  I've missed you!  I'm going to try to make my way around to some blogs, but if I don't get to yours, please know it's not because I don't want to.  Life has just been so very busy.  I know, I know, everyone's life is busy.  It's just that for me, mine has been much busier than usual for me ... whatever usual is anymore.  lol

Anyway, things are good ... I mean, the normal ups and downs, blessings and challenges (even some blessings disguised as challenges ... as well as some challenges disguised as blessings). 

I thought I'd share what is currently one of my favorite songs.  I think it has a fabulous message for us all (yes, even the guys).  I know it's a message I certainly need to be reminded of sometimes.  How about you?  I can't be the only one, right?  Enjoy ... and remember, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!



Scars to Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara

She just wants to be beautiful
She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits
She craves attention, she praises an image
She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor
Oh, she don't see the light that's shining
Deeper than the eyes can find it
Maybe we have made her blind
So she tries to cover up her pain and cut her woes away
'Cause cover girls don't cry after their face is made
But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
Oh-oh, oh-oh
And you don't have to change a thing, yhe world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
She has dreams to be an envy, so she's starving
You know, covergirls eat nothing
She says beauty is pain and there's beauty in everything
What's a little bit of hunger?
I could go a little while longer, she fades away
She don't see her perfect, she don't understand she's worth it
Or that beauty goes deeper than the surface
Oh, oh
So to all the girls that's hurting
Let me be your mirror, help you see a little bit clearer
The light that shines within
There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
Oh-oh, oh-oh
And you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
No better you than the you that you are (no better you than the you that you are)
No better life than the life we're living (no better life than the life we're living)
No better time for your shine, you're a star (no better time for your shine, you're a star)
Oh, you're beautiful, oh, you're beautiful
And there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
Oh-oh, oh-oh
And you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful

Comments

  1. I have a new blog it went from a quiet country journey to http://homewithagoodcupofcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany! Awesome! Thanks for letting me know! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lilli, great to see you here, thank you for the update and for sharing the song, awesome lyrics :) Glad all is well and hope life settles down a bit.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! It's great to be here! I'm glad you like the song. :) Life isn't likely to settle down much anytime soon I'm afraid, but I'm taking advantage of a bit of a lull in things this week. ;) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  3. Lilli,
    This is an excellent song. I've listened to it several times with my children and it does have a wonderful message behind it. I'm with Roz, I pray things in life settle soon.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baker! It really is an excellent song, isn't it? Great one to listen to with our kids too. Unfortunately I doubt life is going to settle down anytime soon, but I'm happily taking advantage of a bit of a lull in things this week. :)

      Delete
  4. This is just lovely, Lilli. Full of inspiration. Thanks for sharing. I can tell you are one of the truly beautiful people.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella! What a sweet thing to say! I think we're all filled with beauty, just unfortunately sometimes the darkness can overshadow the light. I'm glad you enjoyed the song! :)

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear from you. Life is never dull, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leigh! You are so right! lol

      Delete
  6. Hi Lilli loved the song, I'm glad you had a lull this week so you could catch up with us ☺️ (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daisy! I'm glad you enjoyed the song! And I'm very glad to have a bit of a lull to try to catch up with everyone! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts