Still The One

Some of you have reached out to me to check and see how Nash and I are doing.  Thank you!  I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to you yet.  Things have been busy and I just really didn't feel like talking.  But, I want you to know that I've so appreciated the comments and/or emails!

Things are slowly improving.  The friction between us is out in the open and we're addressing it.  The reality is that the last couple of years have been stressful, both our plates have been full and our cups overflowing, and we're just plain emotionally and physically drained.  While there are and have been good things going on amidst some turmoil, I really can't remember the last time we got to stop and take a breath, the last time we got any real down time or had a break.  And I don't see a break coming anytime soon either.  In fact, for me at least, things ramp up soon as I'll be starting a new job, working more hours and further away from home.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this opportunity, but there are certainly downsides as well.  My hope is that I'll be bringing in enough more income to help us get back on our feet financially which would eliminate some of the stress.

By now maybe you're wondering about the title of this post.  Well, neither Nash or I are really country music fans, but the song You're Still the One by Shania Twain has always been a special one.  And I'm going to talk directly to my hubby now, if you don't mind ...

Nash, no matter what we go through, you're still the one and you always will be.  I love you my darling, so very much.  I can't imagine my life without you.  You're my other half.  When you hurt, I hurt.  When you're happy, I'm happy.  Thank you for being you ... yes, even when I find you infuriating (don't worry, I know I infuriate you sometimes too, lol).  There will always be times in our lives when things just aren't easy, for whatever reason, that's just how life goes sometimes.  But, I wouldn't want anyone else by my side through all the ups and downs this life brings.  I wish I had the words to truly convey my feelings, but I hope, deep down, you already know anyway.  I love you so very, very much!
 

 

You're Still the One
by Shania Twain

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday 

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong 

You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night 

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin' 

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong 

You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night 

You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Comments

  1. Glad to hear things are improving!

    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baker! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Thanks! I hope all is well with you! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  2. Lilli, it's good to hear you and Nash are talking, communication is the hardest thing! I don't know the Shania Twain song but the words resonate with me; nobody thought Harry and I would last but we're still here after 47 years.
    Keep talking!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie! Sorry it took me so long to respond. Communication is so very important, but can be difficult at times. 47 years? Awesome! Congrats! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lilli, I love that song! Thank you for sharing your lovely words to Nash with us.

    I'm glad things are improving and that you are working together to address the friction between you. Keep talking, communication really is so important.

    I hope life settles at least a little and that you can find some breathing space. Wishing you the best with the new job.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Communication really is so very important ... and not always easy. Thanks! I hope all is well with you and Rick! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  4. Hey Lilli...happy you and Nash are working together. Thank you for sharing your love letter to Nash and the lovely song...has always enjoyed it. Sending lots of positive energy for both of you.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Thanks! I hope all is well with you! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  5. Hi Lilli, nice, very nice
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. I think this type of thing is normal in any long term relationship. But at least you both are being open and honest abotu it, and working through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lea! Sorry I didn't respond sooner. You're probably right, and it isn't always easy. But, it is so very worth the effort. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Lady,

    Up until about a month ago, I probably could have written the exact or very similar post...so yes there is hope (though I know you know that). I think your letter to Nash was very sweet and no doubt very helpful to both of you.

    As you might remember Barney and I had plenty of exterior pressures that entered our relationship bubble~ some family ones that just can't be avoided sadly. It often felt like we lost 'us' along the way. I know it felt like I lost 'me' among it all. Eventually Barney said he felt the same way too.

    It took a LOT of communication, some of which seemed to be the same over and over and over again!!! URGH. I often felt like we were spinning our wheels, and what was the point. I suppose somewhere in there we inched forward a little bit, because the dam broke ( the situations surrounding us did not change, they are still there) and we flooded back to each other. But prior to that, we dug deep, pushed aside *our* perceived hurt and started doing just what you did here to Nash~ we started complimenting each other in a deeper more meaningful way. I think it allowed us to see not only each other, but ourselves lost in the difficult aspects of a trying life. If that makes sense?

    I once heard a motivational speaker say, " Don't wait for the conditions around you to change before you act, create situations where the conditions around you WILL change". Not sure it works for all external forces, but it sure helped my perception and ability to deal with them.

    Best of Luck...

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willie! I'm sorry to hear that you can relate. I imagine many can. I'm glad that you and Barney flooded back to each other. I hope all continues to be well with you guys. Sorry I took so long to reply. (((hugs)))

      Delete
  8. Those times are the hardest, Lilli. Worrying about income seems to compound any stress in the rest of your life. Try leaving your Nash a little note to tell him one thing that made you happy today. It is the love that makes you strong.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella! When there is emotional distance between the two of us is definitely the hardest time. And sometimes it can take some time and effort to move past it. But, it's so worth the perseverance. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I hope all is well with you. (((hugs)))

      Delete
  9. I love you too and thank you babygirl! I am truly humbled by your post. Although I could never put it in a words as eloquently as you, please know that I feel the same.
    I love you! Always and Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you always read my posts and many times you comment to me privately, but you don't often comment publicly. I want you to know that it warmed my heart and made me smile. I love you too!!! Forever and Always! :)

      Delete
  10. I'm so happy things are improving for you both, life does give us challenges. Keep the faith and the love alive sweet. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like in your blog name 😆

      Delete
    2. Hi Daisy! Thanks! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I hope all is well with you! :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Lilli, Glad you and Nash are communicating. Keep doing this as its very important in this lifestyle. Good luck with your new job and thanks for sharing your letter to Nash. Oh I love the Shania Twain song reminds me of my line dancing days when I was able bodied.

    Sending positive vibes your way for a brighter future.

    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy! Communication really is so very important, in any relationship really. It also isn't always easy. Thanks! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I hope all is well with you! :)

      Delete
  12. Lilli.. One of my very favorite songs of all time as well. I can relate to the whole communication thing. We are struggling this whole communication thing, in fact I think that is why TTWD looks one way tome and another way to Sir. Having other normal day to day life issues only compounds things on most days. I am spending my days looking to see what changes I need to make to help us move along in this TTWD. Hoe all is going well with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annabelle! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I'm sorry that you've been struggling with communication as well. I think all couples do from time to time, regardless of lifestyle/dynamic. I hope things are improving for you and your Sir. (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts