F is for Faith

I'm a Christian.  I have been since I was a child.  Over the years I've questioned my faith.  I've doubted my faith.  But most of all I've relied on my faith.  I honestly can't imagine going through life without faith ... or hope ... or love ... hence the name of this blog.

Over the years my faith has at times wavered, it has definitely been weak at times, and yet at others it has flourished and grown.  There have been times when I've forgotten to rely on God and instead have tried relying solely on myself.  There have been other times when I've clung to my faith steadfastly, realizing that I'm truly not the one in control.

Why am I sharing this?  It's on my mind today.  It often is this time of the year, approaching Christmas.  Very soon we'll be celebrating the birth of Jesus, God's son, sent to earth to save us all, that we may have life everlasting. 

Having faith isn't always easy.  And in this world in which we live it certainly isn't always popular.  But, I wouldn't want to go through life without it.



  

  


Comments

  1. Hi, Lilli,
    I really enjoyed your post and loved the last meme.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baker! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. That last meme is a simple one, but I know I need that reminder at times. ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely reflection on your faith Lilli :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, Lillie...I get so frustrated when I hear people interchange faith with religion...two very different things.

    Thanks for sharing...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat! Oh yes, I totally agree. I inwardly cringe if someone calls me "religious." To me that really does mean something different than having faith, as you said. ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice post Lilli, hope you have a lovely week in the run up to a special time.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Lilli. Enjoy this special time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! :) I hope everyone has a very happy holiday season!

      Delete
  6. So important, so true Lilli, I agree I always say I have faith rather than I'm religious.
    I love your posts on faith it makes doesn't make me feel alone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad if this helps you not feel alone Daisy because you truly aren't! :)

      Delete
  7. Seeing you talk about your faith in God is one of the things that initially attracted me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lea! I didn't realize that, but thanks for letting me know! (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts