C is for Cookies!

Yes, it's that time of the year again!  What time, you ask?  Time for the Great Online Cookie Exchange Extravaganza!!!


The lovely Jz is hosting this yummy event once again this year (Thanks Jz!) and I decided to participate!  Yes, I actually managed to make the deadline for signing up this time around!  lol  So, please check out the easy peasy recipe I'm sharing and then use the links at the end of this post to check out the other yummy goodies being shared today!  :)

The recipe I'm sharing is an adaptation of something I used to enjoy when I was a child.  Why not just use the original recipe?  Well, I've had to make some changes to my diet for health reasons and since the original recipe calls for some things that I can no longer eat, like chow mein noodles and milk chocolate, well, I had to improvise.  The result came out a bit different than the original, but it's still quite yummy I'm pleased to say!  I've made these when we've had people over and have taken them to gatherings and they're always a hit whether others have dietary restrictions or not!  I hope you enjoy!  ;)


  
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks 
(gluten, dairy, soy free (with the exception of soy lecithin) ... definitely not flavor free!)

Ingredients
  • 10 oz bag Enjoy Life chocolate chips
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup gluten free pretzel sticks
  • 1 cup chex cereal (rice or other)
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows + approx. 24 (for topping)

Directions
  • Heat chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl until melted. (Time will vary due to differences in microwaves.  I suggest heating for 1 minute, take out and stir, and repeat as needed)
  • Remove from microwave and stir until the chocolate chips and peanut butter are completely combined.  
  • Add in the pretzel sticks (whole or broken into pieces), chex cereal and marshmallows (1 cup) and stir until completely covered in the chocolate peanut butter mixture.  
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper-lined tray or alternately into a greased mini muffin pan.  
  • Top each haystack with a mini marshmallow.  
  • Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.  Serve chilled.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. 

Recipe makes about 2 dozen.
  
Potential modifications: I don't see why you couldn't use regular chocolate chips and pretzels if you have no dietary restrictions.  :)  Also, if you can't have peanut butter, I would think that you could substitute any other kind of nut butter or something like SunButter in place of the peanut butter.  ;)

***NOTE - Check all ingredients for potential allergens before using & consuming***


Don't forget to check out the other delicious recipes shared by other bloggers participating in the 2016 Great Online Cookie Exchage Extravaganza!!!


Enjoy!  And don't forget to say hi to everyone to let them know you've stopped by!  :)

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Sounds lovely and easy. I'm afraid I don't like peanut butter.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie! Do you like any alternative nut butters? I know there are many out now, almond, hazelnut, etc. I would think you could substitute any of them in place of the peanut butter, though I haven't tried it myself. My mom can't have peanut butter so she uses SunButter instead for many things. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this - it's good to know that dietary restrictions don't have to get in the way of gustatory pleasure !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia! Believe me, there are plenty of yummy things I can indulge in even with dietary restrictions. ;)

      Delete
  3. Those look delicious! I like that they are gluten free. :)

    I'm a vegetarian, so I don't do marshmallows (gelatin), but I bet they'd still taste great without!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Fever! Is there a vegetarian replacement for marshmallows? If not, I'm sure you're right and these would still be good without them. ;)

      Delete
  4. Lilli,

    My Owner would love these! Will try them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bleue! Oh, I hope your Owner does enjoy them (and you too)! :)

      Delete
  5. These look so yummy Lilli,and so easy. Wonderful that it caters for dietary restrictions too. Thank you for sharing :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Oh yes, quick, easy and tasty ... that's my kind of recipe. lol (((hugs)))

      Delete
  6. ooohh crunchy, salty, nutty, chocolaty. All my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi little monkey! Your favorites and mine too! ;)

      Delete
  7. Another good one go make with the grands...they are going to love this one!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi abby! Oh yes, these are very kid friendly! :)

      Delete
  8. my husband would love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DelFonte! If you decide to make them I hope he does enjoy them! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Lilli, :) These look delicious! No dietary restrictions here, but no matter. I will be trying your recipe out! Thanks so much! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! I hope you like them! :) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  10. Oh, yummy!
    I personally love the chow mein noodle, chocolate and butterscotch haystacks but I would be willing to open my heart to these, as well!
    ;-p
    Glad you could join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jz! Yes, those are the variations that I grew up eating, but they're a no no for me now, so I came up with this variation. If you like the ingredients, you should like these too. ;) Thanks for hosting this yummy holiday exchange again this year! :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing, Lilli...these look quick and easy...always a positive in my book. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat! Yes, they're quick and easy. Always a positive in my book too! ;)

      Delete
  12. Sounds delicious Lilli. You are the same as me I have to eat gluten and dairy free these days. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy! Sorry to hear you have to eat gluten & dairy free as well. It can be challenging at times, but for me at least it's so worth it. (((hugs)))

      Delete
  13. Lilli, I have been looking for a gluten free recipe for a dear sister of mine. This one sounds so easy. Thanks a million.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella! This one is easy peasy! I hope your sister enjoys them if you make some. (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts