Patience

As you may or may not know, I rejoined the workforce earlier this year.  The job I have now really has been great to transition me from being a long time stay at home, homeschooling mom back into the workplace.  That said, it does have some downsides ... mostly related to schedule and pay.  So, I've been job hunting.

I've applied to a bunch of jobs, been on several interviews, and even ended up turning down a job offer after much thought, consideration, prayer and discussion with Nash.

More recently I applied for a position in a different branch of the company I currently work for.  That was 6 weeks ago.  I've had a phone interview and two in person interviews in that time.  And I've been hoping that a job offer is forthcoming.  And yet, I'm still waiting and wondering.

It's not as if there hasn't been constant communication throughout, thankfully, but this has been quite the process.  You see, I applied for the job and they liked me, but thought I'd be a better fit for another job that they knew they were going to have an opening in soon-ish.  But, the other job wasn't listed yet, so first they had to get corporate approval to list the other job.  Then I had to apply to the new job, which I thought was just a technicality and then I thought I'd receive a job offer.  However, it seems that because this job is being handled by a different recruiter at the corporate level, I have to start back at square one and have a phone interview with her first.  Will I then need to do some in person interviews again or can we skip ahead to a job offer since I've already had two in person interviews?  I have no idea.  But, goodness, my emotions have been all over the place with this potential job opportunity.  And I don't know about you, but I'm not so good at this whole being patient thing.


I will say that though I know Nash is anxious for me to hear also, he has been so patient with me during this time.  He's listened to me talk about it non-stop when I've been excited.  He's helped calm my nerves before interviews.  He's held me and comforted when I've felt stressed or disappointed.  And most of all, he's been so encouraging, building me up when I need it and letting me know how proud he is of me, no matter what happens.

I like to think that all this waiting is due to God working out the details behind the scenes.


I guess I can also look at it as a faith building exercise.


I really am hoping to get a wonderful job offer soon.


But, if I don't then I know that it's not where God wants me to be and he has been using this time to prepare me for whatever comes next.


Comments

  1. Good Luck Lilli, Hope you get the job and are very happy with it. Fingers crossed.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lilli,

    Job hunting and interviews are stressful enough! It is fantastic that they like you and it seems they are trying to help you by listing the job they feel you are more suited to. I can definitely understand this making you anxious though. I hope you manage to cut through the red tape and that you receive an offer soon. My fingers are also crossed for you!

    I'm glad Nash has been there for you to keep you calm and supporting you.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz!
      Here's a funny for you ... last night I laid on top of Nash so that all of me was on him, none of me lying on the bed ... and I said to him "You're so supportive!" lol He groaned, but I know he enjoyed the pun. ;) He really has been great though!
      (((hugs)))

      Delete
  3. That sounds frustrating Lilli. I have zilch patience too. I hope you get the job but don't worry if not God has something planned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy! I agree! :) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  4. Hi, Lilli,
    Sounds like things are just waiting on God's timing and that is very hard to handle sometimes. Sending prayers your way that all will fall into place.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baker! Yes, the waiting can be hard, but hopefully so worth it in the end. ;) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  5. The waiting is so hard! Hang on in there, I hope it all falls into place. If not, however disappointing, it wasn't meant to be.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie! :) The waiting absolutely is hard, but I totally agree! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  6. I do understand the hurry up and wait corporate game, Lilli and it pure D sucks! Sending lots of prayers and positive energy that you get the job soon.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! :) Sorry that you understand all too well. It has been eye opening for me since I'd been out of the workforce for so long. I'd somehow forgotten all the red tape and such that one has to go through sometimes. (((hugs)))

      Delete
  7. Best of luck, Lilli. The last time I was interviewing, I read a book on how to prepare for an interview. I wrote out the answers to at least 8 common interview questions. It really helped. Perhaps there would be something like that online.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella! :) I knew that having been out of the workforce for so long I'd need to do a bit of research before I started job hunting. I've looked up all sorts of things, including common interview questions, like you mentioned. I actually really enjoy interviews and tend to do quite well with them. Sometimes it just takes a bit to find the right job, where it's a good fit for me and for them. ;) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  8. Hi Lilli, :) I do hope that you hear some good news soon! I understand how hard it is to be patient. I am so glad that you have Nash there to lean on through it all. LOL! That was cute about him "supporting" you!

    Rob is in the same boat- looking for work. It is such a process. Nothing like it used to be. UGH!

    Fingers crossed for you all, that you hear something soon! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! lol Yes, Nash enjoys puns, so I try to spring one on him every now and then. ;)

      Sorry to hear that Rob is in the same boat. I hope he finds something that's a good fit for him soon!

      (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts