Just Me Being Me

Each of us is unique.  Oh yes, we may share similar traits and/or experiences, but the only person who can be you, is you.


So many times in life we can feel pressured to fit in, to try to mold ourselves into what others want us to be or even end up forgoing our own identity in seeking out a way to be smarter, prettier, stronger, wiser, more successful, etc.  And while it's a good thing to try to become a better version of ourselves, to forgo our true selves isn't.


What if you're not even sure what it means to just be yourself anymore?  Well, perhaps this article would be a good starting point: What It Means to Just Be Yourself and 3 Ways to Do It 

One of the many things I love about Nash is that he has never wanted me to be anyone but myself.  Oh yes, he does encourage me to be the best version of myself that I can be, but he still wants me to be me.  And that has been an amazing gift he has given me over and over again throughout the years because there have been times when I felt like I didn't measure up, when I thought I wasn't good enough, times when I haven't liked myself very much at all.  It's funny because most people who know me wouldn't think that I've ever felt that way, but I imagine we all have felt that way at one time or another.  Thankfully, I have a wonderful man by my side who loves me and values me and that helps me to love and value myself.


Comments

  1. I love this Lilli. Everyone is unique and we shouldn't lose sight of who we are.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Roz! I totally agree. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts