Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Last week was craziness!  I'd work during the day, come home, change my clothes and grab a quick bite to eat, and then head to church to help out with VBS (vacation bible school) in the evening and then I'd fall into bed when I got home ... wash, rinse, repeat.
 

And the weekend was busy too!  I attended 3 parties on Saturday, and on Sunday attended church and then the picnic afterward and then finally managed to get to the grocery store so that we'd have some food in the house.

Needless to say, I was late replying to emails.  It wasn't you, it was me ... sorry! 

I'm behind on my blog reading ... sorry!  I plan on trying to catch up with all of you very soon.  I hope all is well with everyone! 

And I hadn't written any new posts either ... but as you can see, I'm rectifying that.  lol

It's August!  Summer is more than half over.  How did that happen?


Things at work have been all over the place ... sometimes busy, sometimes not.  I'm learning that the team I'm working with seems to be a family, a caring one, but definitely a dysfunctional one in some ways.  


Perhaps that's just normal?  I don't really know.  I was out of the workforce for awhile.  Overall things are good at work though.

My kiddos are doing well.  My youngest has been keeping himself quite busy this summer working on many projects.  My oldest is finding her way and figuring out what she wants to do with her life now that the worst of her health crisis seems to be behind her.  *crossing fingers and praising God*

As for my hubby ... I think he's pretty stressed these days.  He tries not to show it, but I can tell.  He and I haven't had much alone time really, so not really any spanky fun to share about with you.  Ttwd is still very much alive and well.  I did my homework this morning for instance and have been diligently drinking my water.  Now, as for the treadmill/exercise ... well, that went by the wayside last week because I simply had no time or energy.  Hopefully this week I can get back on track with that.  There has been the occasional look from him here and there, the occasional swat (sometimes with the wooden spoon or whatever happens to be handy!), his hand on the back of my neck, etc.  But, it would be oh so nice to have an opportunity to connect more than that.  The otk hand spanking that I've been longing for seems elusive.

Ah well, I'm really not complaining ... at least not much.  Overall things are good, if busy.  Oh, and it would be nice if the rain would just stay away (we've had enough, thank you very much) and the nice warm temps would come back.  It is still summer after all!

Comments

  1. Hi Lilli, wow, sounds like things have been pretty full on! I'm so glad the job is going well on the whole and that the kids are doing well. Sending positive thoughts and prayers that the worst of your daughter's health issues are behind you.

    Hope you both find some down time to relax and reconnect soon.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Yup, things have been pretty busy. But, overall things are going well, so that's good. Some down time and time to reconnect would be very welcome right about now, thanks! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  2. Hi Lilli were they kinky parties ;) I hope you can have a calmer week and be able to have some kinky fun with your daddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daisy! Kinky parties? No, definitely not. lol They were parties to celebrate some milestones in some of our family and friends lives. I'm sure Daddy & I will get around to enjoying some deliciously kinky fun time together soon, thanks! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  3. Life does get in the way sometimes, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Leigh, it certainly does! But, it's not as if our dynamic has disappeared or anything, we've just been too busy or too tired to enjoy it to the extent we'd like to. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Lilli, sounds like a very busy summer for you. Sometimes ttwd has to take a bit of a backseat to the real stuff :(. Soon be Autumn!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! Yes, a very busy summer thus far! I mean, summer is usually busy, but this summer has been busier than usual. I don't want to even think about autumn yet though, thanks anyway! ;) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh, I hate to comment on our weather now, for fear of jinxing it as Barney starts vacation tomorrow night.

    I read your posts out of order, so now I see you will have another busy and incredibly sad few days ahead of you with family functions no doubt.

    As for work, well dysfunctional is actually a good thing. I mean obviously everyone is being themselves right? No hiding behind a mask? LOL

    Summer is flying by too quickly, even though I have been thoroughly taking advantage of the weather! I am actively trying to push out of my mind where we will be weather wise in a few months...blech. LOL

    All the best to you and your family. Fingers crossed? I know ALL about that superstition too!
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm so long in responding to you Willie! The weather did break and we've had some lovely weather since I wrote this thankfully. Summer is definitely flying by too quickly. It's already the middle of August. Ack! I hope you've been enjoying it!

      Delete
  6. I use to always look forwards to summer because it meant rest, relaxations, and fun times. Now the summer flies by with a lot of chaos. I feel for you. Send some rain this way (to California). We are not having too hot of a summer but with the wildfires and dry temperatures, we can use some rain.
    I love your positive outlook and I hope that there are lots of OTK's in your near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get (and my kids get), the crazier summer seems to be ... sounds like it's the same with you Blondie! If I could send the rain to you I would gladly do so. It has left here thankfully. Otk wishes and warmed bottom dreams? lol Thanks! You've been on my mind/heart, so hope things are alright. (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts