Summertime, and the livin' is ...



... BUSY!

Yeah, I know that's not how the song goes, but busy is a much better description of our summer thus far than easy.

I will admit I've been feeling a bit jealous sometimes of some friends and family, seeing posts on Facebook or hearing about time spent at the lake or the beach or camping or really any type of getaway.

That said, our weather has been fairly nice and we do have a pool and a fire pit in the backyard, so I can't really complain.

Me going back to work has been a pretty big adjustment for all of us, but the added income is helping out and I'm finally starting to feel more at ease.  Some days I really enjoy and others are kind of stressful, but that seems to be the nature of things there.  I figure if more days are stressful than not then I can always search for something else.  But, at this point I'm still learning how they do things and the people I'm working with are pretty great for the most part, so that certainly helps.

There really isn't much of anything to tell you about in regard to spankings or the like though.  Oh ttwd is still very much a part of our dynamic, but sometimes life has a habit of getting in the way of the fun stuff.  Hopefully we can put a halt to that soon though because I could definitely go for a bare bottom otk hand spanking right about now and I'm quite sure that Nash would be more than happy to help me out in that department.  But lately we've both been either busy or tired and a swat here or there has been the closest we've come to a spanking for a bit.  I have enjoyed all the cuddling though.


What's in store for the rest of this summer?  Well, more of the same for us probably.  We do have a few fun things planned ... not a nice getaway, but a few smaller things here and there.  What about you?  How has your summer been?  (or your winter, depending on where you live)  Anything fun planned?

Comments

  1. Hi Lilli, glad the job is going okay, we are planning summer at home too. Hope the spankings pick up soon
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I hope you have a wonderful summer ... staying home can be nice actually. (and yes, I hope so too!) ;) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  2. Hi Lilli, glad it sounds as though the new job is going well overall and that you are settling in to the new routine, it definitely takes time.

    Hope you find time to enjoy some summer activities and family time and that you and Nash find some time to connect. Enjoy those cuddles and random swats meantime :)

    It's winter here of course and we've been lucky with the weather and temperatures until now. Having a cold, wet spell at the moment :(

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Yes, it does take time, but that's to be expected I suppose. I'm sure our summer will be a good one, it has been thus far really, just busy. Winter should be a four letter word. lol I hope that cold, wet spell doesn't last! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  3. Glad you new job is well. Here in AZ its sun, sun and more sun with the average temp of 107 so - lots of indoor time. As you may have heard, I did enjoy some beach time with some people you may know.
    As far as hand to bum, the drought here continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! That is HOT, HOT, HOT! Our temps haven't been that high, but when it's in the 90's and humid it's still hot. I'm glad you had a good time at the beach with friends! Sorry to hear that your bottom is still experiencing drought conditions though. Blah! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  4. Hi Lilli, :) Glad to hear that your new job is going well, and that your summer is too! There is nothing like touch and cuddles, from the one that we love! I hope that you get your OTK spanking soon though! :)

    Sunny mentioned the beach time above! That started our summer off. Rob and I are settling in and enjoying our new townhouse. Feels great to have downsized! We head to my folks' house near the beach in a while. LOVE it there, but I miss them tremendously! Then we take our youngest to college! WOW! So all good stuff this summer. Thankfully!

    I hope that you and Nash get in some good connecting time, and that your job continues to be something that you enjoy! Happy Summer! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I agree, the touch and cuddles are wonderful ... but a little otk here and there would be a nice addition! lol
      So you enjoyed the beach time with friends also, then? Wonderful! I'm glad to hear you're settling in and enjoying your new home! I can't imagine downsizing yet with kids, dogs and guinea pigs afoot. lol Congrats on your youngest heading off to college! What a milestone!
      I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Lilli, I'm glad the job is going well. Our summer we are planning to go away in Sirs mobile home. His van which he has turned into a mobile home. Not a swanky holiday but a nice get away and a new experience for me! I hope you get your bottom spanked soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy, me too! lol It sounds like you're about to embark on an adventure! I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, Lilli, I keep missing your posts, I must get round to creating a blog roll now that Hermione has kindly told me how to do it.

    Harry and I have had a couple of short breaks, work has been crazy busy, no time for a proper holiday.

    Glad the job's going well and hope you get an OTK soon.

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie! Yes, a blog roll can be very handy! I know there are some blogs I'm missing from mine though, but I'm sure I'll add to it over time. I'm glad you've gotten some short breaks even if there hasn't been time for a proper holiday. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. I agree on the touch and cuddles aspect too. That is good, but sometimes I long for my mind to be emptied and to be reset. I find all the 'life' in the way stuff has me unconsciously stepping away, bit by bit from where I desire to be. Nothing too harmful, but if we don't pay attention it appears that suddenly I am in the next county! LOL. The D/s aspects do help slow the process however.

    Summer is always a challenge for us here, with people around ALL THE TIME. LOL

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I totally get what you're saying Willie! And yes, that can happen here too. Blah. lol As for having people around all the time, well, that's just life for us at this stage of the game. It would be nice for Nash and I to get away for a weekend or something, but it doesn't look like that's in the cards. Ah well, I'm sure we'll figure something out. ;) Hope you do too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts