Writing Lines

I hung up on him. 

Yup.

I did.

I definitely know better, but in that moment I let my emotions get the best of me.

Ooops.

He was NOT happy.

So, what did he have me do?

Write lines.


Did you ever have to write lines as a kid?  I never did.  I guess there's a first for everything, huh?

I had to fill one side of a page of notebook paper with "I will not hang up on Daddy."

Interesting thing was that it was a more difficult task than I'd envisioned.   Oh, finding a notebook and pen and doing the actual writing, that was the easy part.  But, emotionally?  That was a whole different story.  It actually took me about 15 minutes to even begin writing once I'd gathered my supplies.  Why?  I don't know really.  I mean, maybe it was just because I hadn't done it before or maybe it was because of the realization that I'd upset him and let him down or maybe it was because I had disobeyed a long standing rule or maybe it was the fact that he wasn't just telling me that he was going to hold me accountable more but that he was actually following through with it or maybe it was all of those things wrapped up together.

When he wanted me to write lines I thought, okay, this will be an interesting experiment.  And I really expected it to be no big deal.  Easy peasy. 


But, to my surprise, it wasn't.  

Huh.

I never would have guessed.

Obviously the task itself wasn't difficult.  I don't have any problem with the physical act of writing.  But, I really didn't expect the emotional aspect of this assignment.  And I have to admit that writing lines really made an impression on me. 

Needless to say, Nash was quite pleased at this result.  He even ended up deciding that was enough to address the bad behavior and I didn't end up with a discipline spanking to follow it up. 

Huh.

I have a feeling that while this was my first time writing lines it probably won't be my last.  And I don't know how I feel about that.  I wonder if I'll feel the same way about it the second time around or the third or the fourth ... oh goodness, I'm not that badly behaved am I?

Nevermind. 

Don't answer that!

So, is it just me? 

Have you had to write lines before ... as a child or as an adult? 

If so, how did you feel about it? 

If you haven't written lines before is it something that you've thought about or have been curious about?

Comments

  1. Hi Lilli, Obviously due to my angelic nature the answer is no, lol. Actually at school I would have been to scared to be naughty and now I don't think it has occurred to him to make me!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, obviously Jan! ;) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  2. OMgoodness there must be something in the air! I both hung up on Barney this week AND had to type lines last week...I have tendinitis so writing I can't actually do..yes I briefly thought about copy and paste! snort. My lines were short. I had to do 200. At first I looked him right in the eye and said, " I am NOT doing that" (pfft like it is MORE childish than maybe getting spanked in my mind? LOL). I was adamant! He just kept saying after each refusal, " Maybe you mean that right now, but you and I both know, by the time I come home from work tonight you will have them done"...GAH, I hate when he plays that card! He was correct of course.
    willie
    Ps He counted every line and said he was hoping I miscounted! Now I don't feel so bad for changing one line from " I will not swear" to " I like to swear" What? I can't be THAT perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL Willie, changing a line deserves another 200 :) I think from memory I had to number them too. That way he didn't have to count.

      Delete
    2. What the flip Roz? Who's side are you on here anyway? I learned my lesson, and had a sneaky bit of fun too ;). Actually knowing Barney he would have *might have* just laughed.

      Delete
    3. Oh goodness, something in the air indeed Wilma! You changed one line? lol That's pretty funny! And tempting to do, although if I did that I know I'd end up spilling the beans. There's no way I'd be able to contain my giggles while he was looking it over. And that would likely either lead to more lines or to a trip otk or some such ... even if he was amused by it too. ;)

      I do think you'd better keep Roz away from Barney though ... don't want her giving him ideas! lol

      Delete
    4. I was reading back through these comments and saw that I called you Wilma instead of Willie. Ooops! I guess that's what happens when I don't talk with someone in awhile. I've always been bad with names though. Sorry about that Willie! ;)

      Delete
    5. Pfft. You can call me whatever you want. I'm easy *wink*

      Delete
    6. Easy, you say? I wonder what Barney would say about that? lol

      Delete
  3. Several times I had to write lines in school. We (I was never alone) used to tie a couple of pencils together so we could write two or three lines at a time. Haven't done it since then. Back then, all we wanted to do was get it done so concentrating on whatever we had to write was gone by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting Leigh! I wouldn't think that would actually work. I imagine if I'd had to do it as a kid it probably wouldn't have made the same kind of impact as it did as an adult.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lilli, you know, I never had to write lines until I was an adult in a ttwd relationship lol.

    Auck,I hated it and definitely relate to what you said about the emotional aspect. It got me every time. Try having to recite the lines afterwards! Not necessarily in front of him.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness Roz, I'm glad I didn't have to recite them afterward! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  5. Urgh lines! I hate them! We used to use lines when we were long distance and they worked well. They deffo do the trick because I adore spankings :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Too funny Daisy! I have a kind of love/hate relationship with spankings. Go figure. lol

      Delete
  6. Steve has never made me write lines, although he did once have me write an essay explaining why I failed to complete the tasks he had given me. It was surprisingly harder than I expected and I'm glad he hasn't done it again.

    Getting hung up on is a major peeve of his so that's a button I try very hard not to push. I got lucky the last time I did it because it was in the middle of a major pregnancy mood swing so he let it go with just a lecture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, Dana, an essay on why you didn't complete tasks? Ack! That sounds awful! I mean, I like to write (obviously, lol), but that kind of writing assignment is not something I'd enjoy. But, I suppose that's the point, isn't it? Blah. Big meanies all of them! Gotta love 'em though. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts