From the Beginning

First of all, I want to apologize for any inconvenience or confusion.  If I took over your reading list, that was not my intent.  I decided to add the content from my old blog (actually 2 old blogs) to this one and I actually have no idea if that made it all show up in your reading list at once or not.  If it did and I totally overwhelmed your list, I'm so sorry.


 Yes, I know, it all seems a bit redundant.  Am I really reinventing myself so often that I need to keep changing blogs?  Well ... no, not really.  But, I admit that when we've gone through what seemed like significant changes at the time, changing blogs just made sense.  However, in retrospect it seems silly.  Unfortunately when I added the old posts to this blog the comments didn't transfer, I'm assuming because I had reverted them to drafts ... or maybe it's because back then I was Grace with a different email and sign in, etc.  Poop.  It would've been nice to have all the old comments too.

So, let me start at the beginning .. well, the beginning of my blogging journey anyway.  

September 12, 2011 I started my first blog.  It was called Enjoying the Journey.  And having decided that using our real names probably wasn't a good idea we chose to be known as Grace and Michael.  And if you look back at any of those older posts you'll see that.  Grace = Lilli and Michael = Nash.  Same people, just different names.  I know, confusing.  Again, I'm sorry.  My first post ever was entitled Nervous, But Excited because that's exactly what I was, nervous, but excited.  I had no idea if anyone would even read my posts much less comment on them.  And I really had no idea what I was going to say or even if I'd end up blogging for very long.  I ended up writing 307 posts on Enjoying the Journey, had 92 followers and 148,221 page views and wrote my last post on that blog on February 8, 2013. 

At that point I was ready for a change and so my next blog came about, which I named With Me - Without Me with my first post on February 11, 2013.  We were still Michael and Grace on that newer blog, it was just the blog's name that changed, not our names.  I wrote 159 posts for that blog and had 70 followers and 96,600 page views.  Not everyone who had followed my first blog made the migration with me and I had some new followers who hadn't read my first blog.  Eventually I decided to add the content of my first blog to the new blog.  And so, you'd think that right there I would've learned my lesson and not felt the need to start yet another blog.  Aaahhh, but as you already know, you'd be wrong about that.  I wrote my last post on With Me - Without Me (the name being a reference to the movie Knight and Day, if you happen to know it, if not, you should watch it, great movie) on September 4, 2015.

Then this blog came along.  Okay, okay, it's not like it just came along, I started it.  I could go into my reasons, but as I said, it all seems silly now.  To further confuse things, especially now that I've added in all my old blog content, I started Becoming Babygirl (though under another name at first, but thankfully that was short lived) while still blogging at With Me - Without Me.  Remember, my last post there was in September 2015 ... but ... my first post here was July 2, 2015.  I was trying to transition from one blog to the next.  Silly.  Silly.  Silly.

Do you remember that commercial where a little girl said to her dad, "You bought the wrong tv, sillyhead!"  It was on several years ago, but I remember it because it became a joke in our family for awhile.  Whenever someone would mess up or do something ridiculous we'd quote the commercial or at the least call them a sillyhead.  Well, I'm going to admit that I am clearly the sillyhead here.  No one else needs to call me it, though of course, feel free.  I'm calling myself sillyhead because, well, it just all seems so ridiculous now.  What is it about looking back that gives us 20/20 vision?  Good grief Charlie Brown.


Much like Charlie Brown, I really have no one to blame, but myself.  Well, in his case Lucy is the one who pulls the football away before he can kick it, but surely he must know by now that she's going to do that.  And yet, he still goes for it.  Foolish or brave?  Probably foolish ... just like me.  Charlie Brown, you're a sillyhead.  That's okay, you're in good company.  lol

So, what now?  Is that what you're wondering.  Yeah, it seems an apt thing to wonder at this point.  But, really I just decided to add in my old content and thought I had better explain what in blazes was going on ... oh and apologize of course ... again ... sorry.  Anyway, I don't know why I ever decided to switch from my original blog name Enjoying the Journey.  Change happens over time, along the journey and all of it could have easily fit under that name.  But no, I thought I knew better, sillyhead that I am.  At this point, I just hope you can all show me some grace because I don't know about you, but I'm still figuring out this thing called life.

Comments

  1. Hi Lilli, you didn't take over my reading list :) No confusion here either, I have followed and enjoyed reading all of your blogs and am so glad to have found you, and for our 'off blog'contact. You have been a great support to me and your posts have given me much to think about.

    Isn't hind sight a wonderful thing :) I can understand the desire to change blogs as your relationship changes and evolves and know a number of people who have done the same thing.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad that importing all those older posts didn't take over your reading list, Roz! Thanks so much for letting me know! I decided to add the old content in because it's all a part of our journey. In many ways people stay the same over the years, but in other ways people go through various changes. I certainly don't think that's unique to us. I think it's true for everyone, though perhaps to a greater extent for some and a lesser extent for others.

      Anyway, YOU my friend have been a great support to me as well! And I enjoy your posts too ... when you post! ;) Okay, you know I'm just teasing you a bit. It was really great to see that you've started posting again though. :) (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts