Babygirl Pursuits


As you probably already know, adult coloring books are all the rage these days.  How wonderful!  I have a couple of them, given to me for Christmas.  When things are stressful sometimes I do enjoy just retreating to the bedroom, getting myself all set up with colored pencils, a coloring book, a drink to sip on, and something on tv that I probably won't pay much attention to (mostly for background noise to drown out whatever else is going on in the house).


Over the weekend I was in a bit of a funk and I went upstairs to color for a bit and after awhile Daddy came up to check on me.  He left much more colorful than he came in and that just made my day!  And while he's not a fan of having colored fingernails, he did love the big smile that letting me color them put on my face.


I've also tried out a couple of coloring apps on my phone.  The first app I tried was just okay.  But, then I came across a much better coloring app, called Pigment.  With Pigment there are all different designs/images to color with different types of brushes and different colors/color palettes, etc.  You can try it free and if you really like it you can subscribe to get access to even more designs and features.  I'm just using the free version at this point and am having fun with it.


Another app that I have on my phone is called Miitomo
To me, one of the best aspects of this app is getting to dress up my avatar/Mii and take pics.  You can add friends and interact with them and take pics together too.  I haven't been using the app for that long, but so far I'm having fun with it.  I even got Daddy set up with a Mii while he was in the hospital, so I get to interact with him as well as some other friends.  Now, Daddy really doesn't care about this whole Mii thing, though it did help him pass some time while he was in the hospital.  But, he doesn't really use it anymore.  That's okay though, because I can still interact with his Mii and sometimes he lets me use the app on his phone and dress his Mii up and take pics, etc.  If you ask me, a good Daddy Dom enjoys indulging his babygirl sometimes and is pleased when such little things make her happy.

Hmmm, what else?  I really can't think of anything else to add right now.  Does watching Disney movies count?  I don't really think so.  I mean, doesn't everyone enjoy Disney movies?  No?  Hmmm ... I'm not sure I believe you.  I'd love to be able to go with Daddy and take the kids to Disney World again.  It's been too long.  But, that's going to have to wait I'm afraid.  Can you believe I haven't seen the new version of The Jungle Book yet?  I've heard it's really good.  I adored Zootopia!  And I can't wait to see Alice Through the Looking Glass.  Captain America: Civil War is out and I think we're going to see it this weekend.  I have mixed feelings.  I hope it's good.  I've been trying to steer clear of spoilers.  And I really must watch Finding Nemo again before Finding Dory comes out.  Can you tell that I love movies?  I love books too, but I don't think the books I read would really fit into the "babygirl" category.  And that's a pursuit I enjoy on my own rather than with the whole family, like movies.

In truth, the things I've mentioned in this post are enjoyed by many people.  They're not exclusively babygirl pursuits.  That said, there is definitely something about each that appeals to that babygirl side of me.

So, tell me, do you enjoy any of these?  Is there something else you enjoy that might fit into this category?  What am I missing out on? 

Note:  I'm not affiliated with these apps or the company that makes them or adult coloring books.

Comments

  1. Hi Lilli, I love that Nash let you paint his nails. I know a number of people into the adult colouring books, it does seem to be popular. Hadn't heard of Miitomo.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really surprised me by letting me color his nails, Roz. :) The adult coloring books are very popular here. And I probably wouldn't have heard of Miitomo either, but having teens exposes me to all sorts of things I'd likely otherwise be clueless about. lol

      Delete
  2. Hi Lilli lovely post!
    I love to colour too, I've tried to colour in adult colouring books but I struggle with the intricacy of it so I just still to your children's ones. I will try out those apps for sure. The ones I use which tickle my little as I say is Fish With Attittude and My Little Garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the designs are quite intricate, Daisy. I definitely do prefer the simpler designs sometimes too. I'll have to check out the apps you mentioned! :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the baby girl in me wants to come out especially when I just need to be taken care of like a child needs to be cared for. I think that dressing the part of a little would be something I would enjoy. But the feeling of having a daddy again that cares enough about me to take care of me would be the best. Unfortunately, the brat in me would rear it's head and I would be a very sorry baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So understandable, Blondie! Sometimes all of us just need someone to care for us. As moms, we're so often the ones caring for everyone else. I actually haven't tried dressing the part of a little ... well, I dress my Mii up in the app, but I haven't done it for reals. lol Speaking for myself, the brat in me does get me in trouble sometimes ... but that's nothing new really. Ooops. But, each of us is made up of so many different parts. I definitely enjoy being the babygirl sometimes. Life is stressful and I enjoy it when Nash takes over as Daddy. But, other times I'm the one here basically running the show. *shrug*

      Delete
  4. Hi Lilli, that's wonderful your daddy let your colour his nails, they look so cool. adult colouring books are the rage here in Australia also. I belong to a group where we get together every Friday to colour and chat. My eldest daughter teases me saying I'm going to kindergarten but its so relaxing.
    Have fun with it.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited that he let me color his nails, Lindy! I think he was amused at how happy it made me. How cool that you have a group to get together with and color and chat! I don't know of any groups like that around here, but now I'm curious. Funny that your daughter teases you that you're going to kindergarten. I don't know ... some aspects of kindergarten as an adult sound very nice ... like the coloring. I agree, it's so relaxing. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts