What do you Meme it's Winter?


First I want to say thanks to all of you who have reached out with love and support.  Losing a loved one is never easy, as I'm sure most of you know firsthand.  I know that for me it always makes me think about my own mortality too and that's not always a great place for my mind to dwell.  And I've felt like writing, but I've not been sure what to write about.  Everything just feels trivial right now in comparison to recent events.  But then I came across Ella's Winter Meme and decided that was the perfect thing for me to do right now.  So, thanks for the meme Ella, it was a fun distraction!

Before I get to that though, this pretty much sums up my feelings in regard to winter ...



Now on to Ella's Winter Meme ...

1. You have to leave your house because of a disaster. All the people and pets you love are safe. If you could choose just one item to carry out, what would it be?
  • Urgh.  That is a really hard question.  I guess I'd probably grab the computers/hard drives that our pictures are stored on.                                                                                                            

2. Tell us about a book or series of books you loved as a child.
  •  I especially loved the book The Giving Tree as a child (still do actually).  These days I tend to give it as a gift to new parents for their little one.

3. Name one item of clothing that you love for your spouse to wear.
  •  Anything that shows off his upper arms.  And yes, I do have tickets to the gun show, thank you very much!

4. Is there a lullaby your mom or dad sang to you that you also sang to your child?
  • You Are My Sunshine

5. Tell about the fanciest restaurant at which you have ever dined.
  • It was a Chinese restaurant in San Fransisco.  I was a teen at the time.  It was quite lavish.  There was a ton of food and everything I tried was delicious.  It was the best Chinese food I've ever had and probably the most expensive too.  Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the restaurant. 
    (not exactly like this, but you get the idea)

6. Tell us about any phobias you have. What else are you scared of?
  • Phobias?  I don't think I have any phobias really.  I do get scared sometimes of course.  But what I'm scared of depends largely on the situation, the circumstances and the frame of mind I'm in at the time.  It's not always the same really.

7. Is there something old from a family member that you treasure?
  • I have a ring that was my grandmothers that I wear often and it reminds me of her.  She and I were very close.  

8. If there is reading material in your bathroom, what magazines or books could be found?
  • Sorry, no reading material in our bathrooms.  Go in, do what you need to do, get out.  lol  There is plenty to read in the rest of the house though.
    (this is not my house, but I'd move in ... and fill those bookshelves!)

9. Tell us about your dearest childhood friend.
  • She was new to the area and we clicked right away.  She was sweet and smart and quirky and she had a troubled home life.  We're still in touch and are still very good friends though we don't live in the same area any longer. 

10. Is there a household task that belongs to your husband?
  • Nash is the chef.  He does other things around the house too, but his main household task is to cook delicious food for us.  It's something he's good at and enjoys doing and we appreciate it!

11. Have you ever smoked pot?  How old were you the first time?  Do you still enjoy?
  • Nope
  • N/A
  • N/A
*hehehe*

12. If it is cold, what do you wear to bed?
  • If it's cold and the house is chilly then I'm bundling up for bed.  If Nash home and is of mind to remove those layers for some fun that's fine by me, but afterward I'm bundling back up again!  lol

13. How old were you when you lost your virginity? Share any story with which you are comfortable.
  • 18.  Hotel.  Hot tub.  Future hubby.  'Nuff said.  ;)

14. Think of something you did as a kid about which you were glad your parents never found out. If you were a perfect child, you may just respond with "Perfect", but the rest of us will hate you for it.
  • Perfect!  lol  Just kidding!  Well, a friend and I may have perhaps pilfered some letters off the school signboard a couple of times as a prank.

15. Boob Question - Think Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.
Do you think your boobs are:
a.) Too big
b.) Too small
c.) Just right
d.) "All of the above" is not a valid answer.
  • If you're asking me, I'd be tempted to pick D and it would be for none of the above.  If you ask Nash, he'd pick C.  And since I'm not allowed to speak negatively about myself, well, I'll go with his answer.  ;) 
    (Ha!)

Comments

  1. Loved you answers to this meme Lilli especially the star gazing. How romantic!
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy! Star gazing is definitely romantic!

      Delete
  2. Lilli I love your answers! And I agree with Lindy the stargazing sounds fabulous. I am jealous that Nash cooks....I get so tired of cooking! I love summer because TBG will grill for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd get tired of cooking all the time too, Maggie. It's not my favorite thing to do, that's for sure. And just the thought of summer ... mmmmm. Awesome that TBG grills for you! Nash likes to grill too.

      Delete
  3. Great answers, Lucky you I love the cleaning side of housewifery but hate the cooking!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Jan, I don't love either. I view them as necessary evils. lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts