Oh Where, Oh Where Has Lilli Been

It really hasn't been that long since I've posted something, but it sure feels like it to me.  I need to catch up on what everyone else has been up to ... I'm feeling out of touch.


Hmmm ... why do I have that song by Hall & Oates going through my head now?   Ack!   I haven't heard that in ages!  However, earlier when I was jotting down a list before I went to the store I couldn't think of what super glue was called.  Craziness!  lol

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving or at least a nice weekend.   We certainly did.  Well, we had a nice Thanksgiving anyway.  The weekend after and this week, well, not so much.  I've been experiencing varying levels of pain.   Now, I like to think that my pain threshold is pretty high.  However, when it comes to nerve pain, count me out.  And unfortunately, due to a medical condition I have, nerve pain is something that I sometimes deal with.   Thankfully it's not that often.  But, when it decides to flare up, well, I'm often down for the count.  Yes, I have pain meds.  But, sometimes all they seem to do is take the edge off.   Yeah, I could take more, but then I'm out of it from the meds.  And that might be fine if I could just sleep, but like most people, I can't really do that.  I have responsibilities.   Mom still has to be mom even when mom doesn't feel well.


Unfortunately I don't have any sexy fun stuff to share about.  Well, I mean, it's not as if D/s has disappeared or anything, but life has been pretty busy and then I started not feeling well.  I'm hopeful that this flare is almost over and that Daddy and I will be able to indulge in some playtime soon.  Oh, and it would be nice to just be able to function fully without being in pain and without the need for pain meds too.  Funny how that seemed like an afterthought to playtime with Daddy, huh?  A girl has got to have her priorities in order!  lol

 

In other news,  Daddy and I have been changing our diet.  We're just trying to get a bit healthier and decided that going low carb (not no carb) would probably be a good fit for us.  Years ago we tried the Atkins diet.  We did feel better while on it, but then we went on vacation and went back to our old habits and that was that.  This time around we're not trying anything so strict.  We want to make new habits, not just try a diet out, but rather make more lasting changes.  So far, so good.  Daddy has found out that he doesn't really hate cauliflower after all ... at least not when it's made into cheesy "breadsticks" or pizza crust or when grated and used as a rice substitute.

 

And maybe you've noticed that my Accountability Calendar page has disappeared.  No?  That's okay.  I used it mostly for keeping track of my water intake.  Exercise too, yes ... but it was more for me to keep track of how much water I was drinking.  But since we started changing how we're eating, water intake hasn't been an issue for me anymore.  I drink mostly water and tea now instead of all the sugary drinks (soda, juice, etc.) that I used to drink all the time.


I guess that's about it for this post.  Now, I can work on catching up with everyone and hopefully I'll have some sexy, fun stuff to share about soon!  


Comments

  1. Glad things are mostly on an up swing for you both. Good luck with the new habits and lifestyle changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evie! I hope that things are going well for you!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Lilli. I was feeling the same, "It's time I catch up on how everyone is doing and read some posts!" I'm sorry you're dealing with pain. Jason has chronic pain, too, and it's so debillitating when the flares come. I hope you feel better soon.

    I also eat a modified carb diet, and have found it so beneficial! I'm not rigid about it and do have occasional treats, too, but mostly aim for lower carb meals. But I'm impressed your man is doing it with you. Jason is not game! lol

    What kinds of tea do you drink? This time of year I drink tea all day long, especially while we're schooling. I like chai and herbal (vanilla blueberry and cranberry vanilla are my favorites), but I'm always looking for new flavors to keep my water intake up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that Jason deals with chronic pain. It really can be debilitating. I hope the flares stay away! And hopefully mine is on the way out. *fingers crossed*

      Nash is a meatatarian anyway. lol Though I think it's been harder than he'd anticipated. Those carbs can really get a hold on you. We've both lost some weight and we're both feeling better overall.

      I've been drinking a lot of flavored green teas. My current favorite is acai dragonfruit melon, but I like the red gogi raspberry and blackberry pomegranate too. That cranberry vanilla you mentioned sounds yummy though. I'll have to see if I can find that!

      I hope you have a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lilli, glad to read you're okay. I also take meds for nerve pain, caused by surgery. I should take two a day, but it makes me dopey, so I stick to one at night.
    Good luck with the diet. We try to stick to low carb here too, but some days... sugar is very tempting!
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that you deal with nerve pain as well DF. I've been wondering about a TENS unit. I've heard that it can help with pain, including nerve pain. I've never tried one though.

      Oh goodness, yes, sugar can be extremely tempting sometimes! Thankfully now I'm pretty good about only indulging in small amounts (well, except for on Thanksgiving ... but that's okay, I had planned to allow myself to indulge that day).

      I hope that everything is well with you!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lilli, as you know I have been awol and am definitely out of touch with blogland too. I just wanted to say thank you so much for your support recently, it means so much.

    I'm sorry you have been dealing with nerve pain and hope you are feeling much better. Wishing you the best with the new diet and water intake.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do know that Roz and I know that you have good reason! I continue to pray for you and Rick. I am feeling better, thanks. This flare seems to be lifting and I'm thankful for that. The new diet is going well too really ... though sometimes I forget to eat now and that's probably not so good. I'm just not hungry like I used to be. I guess my body really was addicted to all those carbs. (((hugs)))

      Delete
  5. Hi Lilli, I've been reading but not commenting. Just thought I would stop in and say "hi." So sorry about your nerve pain- I hope that you find something to help it. And I should make an accountability calendar for my water intake - I'm always being scolded for not drinking enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! :) Thankfully the nerve pain isn't something that I deal with all the time, it just flares up now and then. It seems like it's easing though, so I'm hopeful it will be gone soon and that it stays that way for awhile. The accountability calendar really did help. It motivated me to drink water because I knew I was recording it and I knew that Nash could check on it anytime. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts