Small Indulgences

Perhaps you like to have a piece of chocolate from time to time.


Maybe it's a glass of wine.


Perhaps you like to have a pedicure.

 
Whatever you choose, small indulgences can help reduce stress, give you something to look forward to and just make life that much sweeter.

My favorite such indulgence of late is taking a bath.


I fill the tub with hot water, adding a bath bomb or perhaps some epsom salts or maybe a bit of olive oil (be careful, any kind of oil can make the tub slippery) or some bubble bath or a combination of things.  My kids know that this is a time that mom is not to be disturbed, unless of course there's an actual emergency. 


And when I sink into that hot water it's simply heavenly.

Sometimes when I'm in the tub I just try to clear my mind.  Other times I try to focus my thinking, perhaps tackling a problem that I just haven't managed to sort out.  Many times I use at least some time to talk with God.  It's a good time to pray, probably simply because there aren't many distractions.  

And then there are other times when my mind wanders.  Where to you ask?  Well, sometimes it wanders in a kinky direction.  Yup, I've come up with a few bath time scenarios.  Some I might like to try out with Nash while others are probably best left as fantasies.

But, no matter where my mind may wander while I'm soaking, the idea is just to take some time out and relax.  I always get out of the tub feeling better than I did when I climbed in.


What's your favorite small indulgence?

Comments

  1. Hi Lilli, actually all these things are awesome, so it is pretty difficult to choose. Well, chocolate is more than a small indulgence, but lately I cannot have any, due to heartburn (third trimester). :( So, my other all-time favourite is coffee. Oh, darn, cannot have any of that either till next year. :) No wine till January, but that's fine. A massage or a pedicure sounds great, sometimes I get these, and sometimes just a little time in bed feels like pure luxury. :) Wishing you a great week.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina! I agree, definitely difficult to choose sometimes. And just because I've been taking baths does not mean I've been forgoing chocolate. I would offer to eat your share too, but I have a feeling that wouldn't be wise. I'm not supposed to be eating for two! lol
      I remember missing out on some things when I was pregnant, but I'm sure you'll agree that it's so worth it to the end! I hope you have a wonderful week as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lilli;
    Being now retired all those little indulgences become a full time reality...ain't life sweet. I do pay for it having to work off the excess weight, but it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don! That sounds positively wonderful ... and ... dangerous! lol I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Having my nails done is my small indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evie! That used to be mine too, but it's been awhile.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lilli, ahh sounds like bliss. I'll definitely take the chocolate and wine lol. I could actually do with a nice soak in the bath to relax right now. My mind wanders all sorts of places too lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! Yes, I'm sure you could. Why choose one if you can choose them all, right? (((hugs)))

      Delete
  5. Definitely a manicure. Full set, white tips, squared off. It's my "me time" and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! Very nice! It's always nice to be a bit pampered from time to time. ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi Lilli, Like Downunder Don we are also recently retired and indulgences become a more frequent thing. I think my indulgence at the moment is one cup of coffee with lunch, as I have never been a coffee drinker before.
    Your bath times sounds lovely with all the oils and time to relax. Enjoy!
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy! I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but if you enjoy it then that's a great way to indulge a bit! The baths are quite lovely I must say. Maybe you should try it out for yourself. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts