Apology

Persona non grata is a legal term used in diplomacy.  It refers to a foreign person whose entering or remaining in a particular country is prohibited by that country's government.  So, it makes sense that in general use it means personally unacceptable or unwelcome.



I kind of feel that way here sometimes, in the blogosphere, unacceptable, unwelcome.  Am I persona non grata in this little corner of blogland where people read and write about the same sort of things that I do?  Maybe.

If I am, I admit, a lot of it is my own fault.  I can be my own worst enemy sometimes.  But, I can't go back in time and do things differently.

Why am I even writing this post?  Is that what you're wondering?  What did I say?  What did I do?  What am I talking about anyway?  Well, I'm afraid I've hurt some feelings along this journey of mine ... unintentionally, but hurt feelings are still hurt feelings whether the hurt was intended or not.  I think more than anything I'm guilty of just not going about things the right way sometimes, not always handling things the way I should.  A lot of that has to do with my own insecurities and the fact that I can act rashly at times.

And so, I want to apologize.  To anyone and everyone that I've hurt along the way, I'm so sorry.



If this sounds melodramatic to you ... that's okay ... maybe I'm being so.  But, I'm aware that I can react irrationally, emotionally at times.  Often that's due simply to the stress of everything getting to me.  And just when I think I've got a handle on it, well, then it becomes clear that I don't.  And sometimes that ends up causing hurt feelings. 



I am trying, even if not always succeeding.  Isn't that all any of us can do really?

Comments

  1. Im so glad youre back and blogging again. I have missed reading here. Yes were all human all we can try is to be better than yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say Evie! It's good to be back, thank you!

      Delete
  2. That is all any of us can do...and we all feel otherwise at times. Welcome back...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lilli, I just realised you re-opened your blog and am so happy to see you continue blogging. I always enjoy visiting here. I echo what the others said. Sending positive thoughts and prayers.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz! I was happy to see that you had posted recently too. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts