This Blogging Thing


I clicked publish on my first blog post on September 12, 2011.  It was an exciting, but also frightening day.  I wondered if anyone would stumble across my blog and read it.  I wondered if I would get any comments.  I wondered if I would continue to have something to say, something to write about.  I wondered where this journey would lead me.  And I wondered about my sanity.

Four years later and I'm still blogging.  A lot has changed in that time (the url/address for instance).  And yet, a lot remains the same (for instance, I continue to wonder about my sanity, lol).

If I think about what Nash and I have gone through in the past four years I've been blogging...wow.


Life really is like a roller coaster.  There are ups and downs and sometimes one leads right into the other.  The highs can be exhilarating, but the lows, well, they can be terrifying.

Blogging has helped me process it all.  I've gotten insight and advice from others.  I've been able to sort through my own feelings.  It has been a communication tool in my relationship with Nash.  It has been invaluable much of the time.


That's not to say that there haven't been some downsides as well.  Sometimes I've put my foot in my mouth and have had to apologize to someone.  Sometimes someone has been less than pleasant to me, either to my face or behind my back.  But, thankfully those things have been few and far between.

Many times I've relished having a place where I can bare my soul and not worry about the impact on my life outside of the blogosphere.  Other times I've wished I could be more open with people in my life.  But unfortunately, though I love my family and friends and I know they love me, I don't think ttwd would be looked at favorably.


And so, I blog.  I do it for myself.  I do it to benefit my relationship with my husband.  And I do it to connect with others.
     

Comments

  1. [ Smiles ] It looks as though you had an interesting blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting is one way to describe it! lol
      It's nice to meet you Renard ... or do you prefer Mr. Moreau? Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! :)

      Delete
  2. And so you blog for the best of reasons Lilli...yourself and your relationship! ;) Looking forward to following you on this journey.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cat! Thanks! I hope you had a good weekend! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  3. Hi Lilli, congratulations on 4 years! I have enjoyed your posts and look forward to continuing to read here. You have given me encouragement and food for thought in my own relationship. Thank you also for the support you have given me.

    We have found the blog a great tool in our relationship. It gives Rick an insight into my thoughts and feelings as well as being a place for me to process.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww, thanks Roz! It's hard to believe it's been that long really. You are kind and sweet and thoughtful and nice and I want to thank you for that!
      I think it's awesome that blogging has helped you and Rick so much! I can definitely relate. ;)
      (((hugs)))

      Delete
  4. Hi Lilli, :) Great reasons to blog for sure! Glad to see you here in your new space. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I know that I will enjoy whatever you want to share moving forward. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thanks! I've always enjoyed reading your posts as well. :) (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts