Thankful


Last night we had some severe weather.  Thankfully, we're okay and our family, friends and neighbors are as well.  Unfortunately some of them had damage to their homes and/or vehicles, but thankfully not too bad.  Thankfully our home and vehicles are alright.  The kids and I spent the bulk of today cleaning up our yard and helping our neighbors with theirs.  We're exhausted and glad that our power has been restored so that we can relax and enjoy a hot shower and some cool air conditioning tonight.

Today my mom had a seizure.  She's never had one before.  Apparently she felt like she was going to pass out.  She didn't realize that it was a seizure, but that's what the EMTs said she had.  Thankfully her vitals are good and she seems to be okay now.  They're traveling and away from home, so hopefully she'll be okay for the rest of their trip and she'll get checked out by her own doctor when they get back.

My nerves are a bit frayed.  There has been a lot going on lately.  I wish Nash was home.  I know he wishes he was here too.  I would definitely try to burrow myself into him right now.  I would gladly fall asleep all snuggled up to him tonight.  He might have a hard time prying me off of him actually.  But he's working and that means that he's not home, nor will he likely be home again until sometime this weekend.  This is our modus operandi.  He works and takes care of the financial side of things, helping out with other stuff when he's able to do so.  He always cooks for us on the weekends and makes enough so that we can have some leftovers during the week.  I hold down the fort while he's gone, taking care of the kids (homeschooling included) and our home and whatever else needs to be handled in his absence.  Normally it works pretty well for us, even if it's not ideal.  But, sometimes one or both of us feel the strain.

That said, I'm really cognizant today of how much I have to be thankful for.  I mean, how often do we even think about that (myself included)?  I bet we're more often complaining about the things we're not happy about (yup, including myself in that too).  But the truth is that each and every one of us has a multitude of things, people, etc. to be thankful for.


Today I'm feeling thankful for even the most basic things ...
  • life
  • family
  • friends
  • a roof over my head
  • food
  • electricity
  • a vehicle
  • a living, breathing God who loves me
  • and so, so, so much more

What about you?  What are you feeling thankful for today?


Comments

  1. Hi Lilli, oh gosh, how scary that must have been for you and the kids! I'm so glad you and your neighbours are ok and that not too much damage was done.

    I'm sorry to hear about your Mom and am so glad she has recoverd wll.

    These things do make us stop and think about the things we are thankful for don't they? I am thankful for the love of family and friends.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! It was intense, that's for sure. Thankfully it didn't last long and everyone was okay.
      I'm worried about my mom and wondering what's going on with her that caused a seizure. Hopefully it won't be an ongoing thing she has to deal with.
      The love of family and friends is a great thing to be thankful for! I'm sure they're thankful for you as well. I know I am! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Lilli,

    I am thankful for my family and my health. I am also lucky enough to love my job. I get to help a lot of women. Glad the storm has passed for you, too. Take care of yourself.

    Ella Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! Family, health and a job where you can help others all sound like great things to be thankful for! :)

      Delete
  3. So glad the storms didn't do you any damage.
    As for thankful; I had it put to me very concisely in the last few days "You're drawing breath" in light of how my life has turned upside down of late yes that is a lot to be thankful for. Health, be thankful for your health, no matter how strong we are it is such a fragile thing.
    I'm SO very thankful for my babygirl who stands besides me through everything life throws at us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for your loss. You're right, drawing breath is a huge thing to be thankful for. And though my health isn't what I would like it to be, I am thankful.
      From what I've seen/read, you and Kayla are blessed to have one another. I can understand that as I'm truly blessed to have Nash (my husband, my Daddy) in my life and I'm so very thankful for him.

      Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! I'm wondering, do you prefer to be called Southern Sir or Mr. Brownstone or John or ____? I promise to try to remember if you let me know. ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you, it has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster of late.
    I go by John Brownstone more these days. JB or Mr. Brownstone is fine.
    Hope your having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine so JB...er, that is, Mr. Brownstone...um...let's see, which to use. Sorry, it's nearing the end of a long day, though it has been a pretty good one, thanks. I'd say that I hope you have had a good day as well, but emotional turmoil likely makes that difficult. I guess instead I'll say that I hope you can find bits of joy amongst the sadness.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts