Feeling Comfortable in My Own Skin

 

This is something I managed to lose sight of somehow, feeling comfortable in my own skin.  And that's one of the reasons I started this blog, to explore the me that's inside, not necessarily the face I show to the world on a daily basis.

To me, "becoming babygirl" isn't about me trying to become someone I'm not.  It's about me getting in touch with that babygirl that lies within me, the one that has always been there, but who has been hiding in the shadows, misunderstood and lonely, often feeling very small in a big world, wishing she had the freedom to just...be.

Okay, don't freak out because I was talking about myself in the third person.  No, I am not suffering from multiple personality disorder.  The babygirl of which I speak is as much a part of me as the part of me that identifies as mother or daughter or wife or sister or friend or so many other things.  It's simply another side of me, another part of me, another piece of the puzzle that is me...not another me entirely.  ;)


In this life there are many expectations placed upon each and every one of us.  And it's hard not to feel the pressure of those expectations.  Compound that with going through difficult times or maybe even just trying to survive and it's easy to lose sight of yourself.  But there is a certain freedom in just being yourself.  Too often too many of us are too busy trying to be what everyone expects us to be, rather than figuring out who we really are.


Comments

  1. Wonderful post Lilli, and well said! Love the quotes!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz! I'm glad you liked it! :) (((hugs)))

      Delete
  2. Hello, Lilli. :) It's great to see you're blogging again. I was sad to see you go.

    As one fellow babygirl to another, I applaud you for seeking to explore who you are, and writing about it with honesty. Thank you for that.

    Personally, the "babygirl" thing is so wildly misunderstood, I shy away from it myself, regularly. And there are aspects that don't appeal to me at all. But when I give in to that part of me, it is so very freeing. I hope and pray you flourish as you explore this side of your dynamic and I look forward to following you here.

    Blessings,
    Jason's Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JG! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. The past couple of days have been...well, overwhelming.

      So, a fellow babygirl, huh? Yay! :)

      I figure if I don't write from a place of honesty it doesn't do me any good or anyone else any good. Mind you, being honest with myself is sometimes the hardest part. There is so much "should be" in life. But, if we don't acknowledge what "actually is" then can we really learn and grow or is it all a big masquerade? *shrug*

      Oh yeah, the babygirl thing is definitely misunderstood. I'm still figuring out what applies to me and what doesn't. Just like dd or ttwd (or most anything in life if you think about it) customization is key. And the babygirl aspect is just one part of the overall me...and I'm sure for you too. ;)

      (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts