Curveballs, Dodgeballs & A Tease

Sometimes life throws curveballs at you.


Our daughter has been dealing with some health issues.  It's been a bumpy road for her since December.  Every time she seems to be doing better, something else comes along to knock her down.  As if being a teenager doesn't come with enough challenges without the added stress of not feeling well, doctors visits, testing, meds, surgery, etc.  And all of it has worn on her emotionally, which has now become a health concern in it's own right.  As a parent, you just want to fix it.  You want to figure out what the problem is and find a solution.  And if that doesn't work, then you just want to take the problem on yourself so that your child can be healthy and well again.  Unfortunately, it isn't always that easy.  And while this is definitely our most pressing concern, it is but one of the major things we've had going on.

Sometimes it feels more like life is throwing dodgeballs at us.


Tough times can either make or break a relationship.  I'm glad to be able to say that going through this has only made us stronger, even when we haven't felt very strong.
    
     
I don't know how we'd manage without each other and without faith in God.  Oh, it's been messy at times.  I definitely wouldn't call it smooth sailing.  But, we're still here.  We're still standing. 

And now I have an Elton John song stuck in my head.  You too?  Ooops.  Sorry!

I do have some other news to share, but it doesn't really fit in with the topic of this post.  Yup, I guess that's a tease.  Nash kind of likes it when I tease...sometimes.  Other times he seems to think I take it too far.  Although he seems to derive great pleasure from teasing me and he never agrees that he's taking it too far.  Hmmph! 

*hehehe*
    

Comments

  1. Hi Lilli, I'm sorry you and your family are going through such a difficult time. Sending positive thoughts and prayers that you get sone answers to your daughter's health issues.

    So glad to hear you and Nash seen to be leaning on each other. Yep, got that song in my head now. Thanks lol. Hope you share your other news with us...you tease. Love the eCard lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz! I hope to have some good news to share soon. This entire year has really been insane. Just when I think things are getting better, something else happens.

      Sorry for getting the song stuck in your head. (sorry, not sorry...kind of like the ecard, lol)

      I just finished writing the new post with my news in it, but I decided not to share until Nash has had a chance to read it. Hopefully that means I'll put it up tonight, but it may not be until tomorrow. He has a pretty busy day today.

      I hope all is well with you! (((hugs)))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts