Our DD/bg Dynamic


What comes to mind when I say that Nash and I have a Daddy Dom/babygirl dynamic?

Do you automatically think of some kind of age play?  If so, that's not our thing.

If you're wondering if it's an indication that I had a poor relationship with my own father and am looking for a father figure that's also not the case. 

And if you're wondering if it means that Nash is into pedophilia or that I'm interested in some sort of incestuous relationship then you are way, way, way off base...like billions of light years off base...actually even that might not be far enough away to convey how seriously off base you are.

Wow.  I had to take a break for a minute because that last part disturbed me so much.  I'm just trying to think of what misconceptions people may have and address them.  But, I am seriously skeeved out now.  Where's the brain bleach when I need it?

*deep breath*

Okay...diving back in.  I've addressed some of the things that our dynamic is not.  So, now I'll try to explain what our dynamic is.

To me, the Daddy Dom/babygirl dynamic isn't all that unlike Top/bottom, Master/slave, Sir/pet, etc. in that at the core of it are the elements of dominance and submission.  In each of these relationships D/s manifests itself in different ways and to different degrees.  I guess maybe you could say that DD/bg is the softer side of D/s.  But just as there are differences between the subsets of D/s (Master/slave vs. Sir/pet for example), there are also differences within the subsets themselves (one DD/bg compared to another DD/bg).  While behaviors and expectations may differ, that's not to say there aren't commonalities as well.  But, it does make defining DD/bg dynamics as a whole or any of the D/s subsets in general a tricky task.  So, I'm not going to try. That was never my intent with this post anyway.  I was merely planning to explain how DD/bg manifests itself in our relationship.  But, I'm not sure I'm really up to even just that task. It's still rather new to us and our dynamic is evolving.

So, I'll provide a link in case you're struggling to get a grip on just what this DD/bg dynamic involves.  Each relationship is unique, but this seems like a good overview: 7 Characteristics of a Daddy Dominant

And if you want to know more about our dynamic in particular, well, I imagine future posts will give a lot more insight.  When I started this blog I wanted to give some background so you could get to know me little.  So, that's what these first few posts have been devoted to.  Hopefully I haven't bored you too much.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Aaawww, that's sweet of you to say, Angel Blue. I'm glad. :)

      Delete
  2. So refreshing to hear someone else explain what I have to explain every time I try to bring it up to a 'vanilla' friend...
    I'm reaching out though, bc I'm very new to it as well...I think it would benefit me to have some bg friends to talk to...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts