DD/bg vs Ageplay? I'm confused.

I always thought of ageplay as role playing, playing pretend, acting basically.  And I envisioned things like bibs and diapers and binkies and all the accoutrements that would go along with pretending to be a baby (or whatever age the person is pretending to be).

I already stated in a previous post that ageplay wasn't our thing.  But, what if there's more to ageplay than I originally thought?  What if rather than role playing it's simply about embracing the child that lies within each and every one of us?

I don't pretend to be a baby or role play any age.  And yet, I do have a stuffed animal that I cuddle with sometimes.  And I do use a, well, littler voice at times.  I just considered that part and parcel of the DD/bg dynamic.

But, does that count as ageplay? 

If so, is it like a spectrum? 

If not, then what's the difference?  Is it role playing an age vs letting your inner child out to play?  Couldn't that be seen as just semantics or splitting hairs?

I hope I'm not offending anyone with this line of thought.  I'm really just trying to figure it out myself.  Some of the stuff I've read online seems contradictory and at this point I'm less than clear about the distinction.

Comments

  1. you have made some really good points and I have wondered the same things myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one, Angel Blue. The distinctions (or lack there of) are confusing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts