So Much To Be Thankful For

 

Each year as Thanksgiving approaches I think about all that I'm thankful for.  And each year, regardless of circumstances, I realize that I have a LOT of reasons to give thanks.  It's not that I only think about this and say "thank you" at Thanksgiving, but admittedly I do give it more thought then, than I do on a normal day to day basis.

I don't have to think very hard to come up with the thing I'm most thankful for this year.  God sustained us.  2014 has been a challenging year for Michael and I.  At the lowest point I wondered if we'd make it through.  While we were battered and bruised and have scars to show all we've been through, we're here...we're together...and we're stronger (what doesn't kill you and all).

There are many, many other things I'm thankful for (in no particular order)...
My daughter, who has really blossomed into a lovely young woman.  She was accepted into her college of choice.  I'm so proud of her for so many reasons.
My son, who is heading into those teen years which I'm sure will be challenging at times.  But he's so loving and helpful and I'm so proud of him too.
My parents, who we had a wonderful visit with this summer.  I'm even more thankful for the time spent with them now since my father is recovering from a serious illness this fall.
My in-laws, who are so generous with their time and resources.
Being given the honor (and challenge) of leading a wonderful group of women at church weekly. 
And last, but certainly not least, my husband Michael, who has learned a lot in this year of trials about being the HOH.  I'm proud of him and love him more than I can express.

Now, that's certainly not an exhaustive list.  There are many, many more things and people I'm thankful for like a roof over my head and food in my belly and a car to drive and heat to stay warm and friends and family and...well, you get the idea.

I do want to let you know that I'm sorry that I've been MIA for so long.  It wasn't a decision I made really.  It just kind of happened.  Life has been...well...a LOT...good...bad...confusing...challenging... just...a LOT.  This year I've examined and re-examined my faith, my marriage, my family, my friends, my...everything really.  I've made some changes...in relationships...in how I think about things...in what I believe...in how I go about things.  Some of these changes have been big and others very minor.  And I'm pretty sure there are more changes to come.  It's kind of an exciting time right now actually.  I mean, some of the stressors are still there, and I'm sure some new ones will come along too.  They always do, don't they?  But I'm hopeful.  I'm hopeful that some new doors may open soon.  And I'm excited about the possibilities.  And honestly it's just so nice to feel hopeful again.  And for that I'm very thankful!



Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!
~Michael & Grace~

Comments

Popular Posts