The Past Week...This Summer

I realize I haven’t posted anything here in over a week. And what a week it has been. I had a friend visit from out of state. There were preparations for our daughter to head off to camp and then actually taking her to camp. I had a doctor’s appointment and some blood work done, with the overall results being good, just a couple of minor things to sort out. There was a family birthday party and a fun day spent with friends at the lake. Then there was a very scary situation with the child of another friend which thankfully ended well. We helped our son prepare for a competition (he didn’t win, but improved over last year). And tonight I’m planning to drag myself back to an exercise class that I used to attend with a friend. She moved and I stopped attending. I’ve been thinking about going back for awhile, but am finally going to make myself do it.

Last weekend it was apparent that the submission exercises that Michael had been giving me the week prior had made an impression on him too, not just me. He arrived home in full HOH mode. The only problem at first was that he was feeling…um…demanding. And I was feeling like I needed something more…soft. There were some missteps between us, some hurt feelings at first, but it wasn’t long before we meshed together much more cohesively, kind of blending together what we both needed. I’d like to say that I’ll be more prepared this weekend if he comes home feeling the same way, but I’m not so sure.

This summer has been crazy and it feels like it’s just flown by. How can it possibly be the middle of August already??? Michael has been very busy, working a lot. Both kids have had stuff going on, some of it planned, some of it last minute. I’ve enjoyed all the time spent with friends and family, but feel badly about all the things we had to RSVP to with a “Thanks so much for the invite. Sorry, we’re already booked.” We’ve managed to fit some time for just the four of us in, but time for just the two of us has been near extinct. Hopefully next weekend (as in the weekend after this weekend) we’ll get a bit of time to ourselves, just the two of us, but that remains to be seen. It does sound awfully nice though…if we’re not both exhausted. *crossing my fingers*

With all that I’ve had going on I’m afraid I haven’t been keeping up with what’s been going on with all of my friends here in blogland. I do hope that all is well though and I hope to be able to catch up soon!

Comments

Popular Posts