He's Still the One

The truth is, Michael and I met when we were just kids. Over the past 20+ years there have been a lot of ups and downs and a couple of times when we weren't sure that we were going to make it. One such time was just a couple of years ago and it's what led us to start out on a new journey together. In a desperate attempt to save our marriage, we decided to incorporate DD/ttwd into our relationship. It was something that we had experimented with in the past, but we weren't ready to really embrace it at that point. This time was different. We were both committed to it from the very beginning.

There have still been ups and downs, but our relationship is a far cry from where it was just two years ago. We still have areas we struggle in and we both know that there will always be challenges and obstacles to overcome in life. But, the main difference now is that we tackle them together. The struggles don't pull us apart like they used to, or if they do, it's not for long or to the same extent. Instead they bring us closer together.

As you probably already know, I'm a music lover. Music just speaks to my soul.  Michael loves music as well.  I will admit that neither of us are big country music fans, but this is a pretty song and the lyrics are just so fitting.

Michael, this is for you...you're still the one...always & forever!




Shania Twain
You're Still the One

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

You're still the one

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

I'm so glad we made it
look how far we've come my baby

Comments

Popular Posts