It's Monday!

First I want to thank all of you who reached out to me either by leaving a comment or via email after my last blog post. It was one I needed to write because I just needed to get some of it out. And writing it did help. And the kindness, caring and support I received helped even more.

It’s not often that Michael surprises me. Well, Friday night he certainly did. The kids and I were helping out with something and he showed up. He surprised us all actually; the kids didn’t know he was coming either. He still had to work the next day, and he couldn’t come home with us. But, he took us all out for dessert and we got to spend a little time together. It was so nice and such a sweet gesture on his part.

Then on Saturday he was able to meet us at the first party we were attending and then we all went to the second party together. This was a surprise too really because I figured the kids and I would be attending both without him. We really had a great day together as a family.

On Sunday unfortunately I wasn’t feeling that great. But, by late afternoon I was feeling better and we got in some more family time. By the time the kids got off to bed it was pretty late though and I was really tired, as I hadn’t slept well the night before. I ended up heading to bed right after the kids and without Michael. I dozed off for a little bit and he woke me when he came to bed. I tried to snuggle up to him and fall back asleep, but I was grumpy and tired and feeling sad that we hadn’t had any time to reconnect and I ended up behaving pretty miserably. Michael was also quite tired by this time and after making some efforts with me and having me reject them, he ended up falling asleep. I tried to go back to sleep too, but I was a ball of emotions at that point and I just kept making myself more and more miserable until I finally woke Michael back up with my crying and he pulled me to him. He held me while I cried until I calmed down.

Then my comforting husband told me to get up, strip down and come back to bed. I protested, but he made it clear that he wasn’t asking me, he was telling me. And so, I did as I’d been told. I was going to snuggle back up to him when I climbed into bed, but no, he wanted me to lie on my stomach. I started to protest, but could tell that wouldn’t go over well and so I complied. Once I was lying on my stomach, with his one arm underneath me, wrapped around me, holding me in place, he started to talk to me, whispering in my ear. He told me how much he loves me and that I belong to him and well, all sorts of stuff that I needed to hear. And then he started spanking. He was just using his hand, but let me tell you, it hurt! Spankings have been few and far between lately and so my bottom isn’t as used to them.

The spanking didn’t really last that long, though it did leave a lasting impression. And the next thing I knew my husband had both of his arms around me and was rolling onto his back, pulling me on top of him. It was time to reconnect in some other ways.

And so, now it’s Monday. And yes, I’m happy about that. Why?  Well, because I’m starting the week off feeling so much better. And I’m going to try my best to hold onto that feeling for the rest of the week. In thinking about it, there are some other factors involved in why I’ve been having such a hard time lately with the amount of time we spend apart. Yes, the time apart itself can be hard, but pile on some other stressors and it makes it that much more difficult. Some of those stressors are things we don’t really have any control over, but others we do. So, we’ll be looking at ways to address the things we can and we’ll also be looking at better ways to deal with the things that are out of our control at this point.

I’m so very thankful for Michael, my wonderful, amazing husband. He may not be perfect, but he’s perfect for me. And I’m thankful for my friends as well. Just knowing that people care is huge. The fact that some of you understand and have offered support and an ear to listen amazes me. I have quite a few friends, but there aren’t many that I really open up to about things.

Anyway, yup, it’s Monday and I feel ready to conquer the week…not to just wish it was the weekend already, but to enjoy the week in between and then enjoy the weekend when it gets here as well.

Comments

Popular Posts