Music Speaks to My Soul

If you’ve read here long enough or if you’ve read through enough posts, you’ve probably gathered that I’m a lover of music. There’s nothing like a song that fits your mood perfectly or one that lifts your mood or takes you to a new place. I’m told that music doesn’t have such a profound effect on some people, but honestly, I just can’t fathom it. The very idea baffles me.

As you probably also know I’ve been struggling with negativity and feeling low emotionally lately. One of the ways I’ve been combating this is with music. There are a few songs that have really spoken to my soul during this time and I’ve listened to them, sometimes singing along, sometimes not, over and over and over again. Occasionally I’ve sprinkled in some other songs as well or I’ve turned on Air1. Some of the songs I’ve been listening to lately I’ve shared before so I won’t share them again now. But I don’t think I’ve shared this one before.  It’s a pretty song and an uplifting one, in my opinion. It’s helped me to focus on the light instead of the darkness. I hope you enjoy it.



Take Me Into the Beautiful 
By Cloverton

Take me into the beautiful, won't You take me back again 
With a love unexplainable, come fill up this dry land 
Let it open our eyes to see a world we've never seen 
Let it open our hearts up to see You inside of us 
You're here inside of me 

Take me into the beautiful
Where the rivers flow
With a love that never ends
Oh I wanna go to the beautiful 
lalalalalalala 

Take me into the beautiful where the faces glow 
With the lights that never dim 
Oh I wanna go to the beautiful 
Come on and take me again 

Take me into the mystery, gently lift me with Your grace 
Make the chaos a chorus, with Yourself come fill this place 
Cover me with Your mercy, come and cover me with love 
Cover me so that all might see that it's You not me 
It is You that I am singing of 

Take me into the beautiful
Where the rivers flow
With a love that never ends
Oh I wanna go to the beautiful 
lalalalalalala 

Take me into the beautiful where the faces glow 
With the lights that never dim 
Oh I wanna go to the beautiful 
Come on and take me again 

A love that's brighter than diamonds when I'm with You 
A love that always invites us to be with You 
Your love is brighter than diamonds now that I'm with You 

Take me into the beautiful
Where the rivers flow
With a love that never ends 
Oh I wanna go to the beautiful 
lalalalalalala 


If you’re interested in the story behind the song or some info about the band, you can find it here: http://www.klove.com/music/artists/cloverton/

Comments

Popular Posts