Not Where We Want to Be, But...

As you know if you read my last post, we’re not where we want to be right now. And yet, it’s good to remember that we’re also not where we used to be either.

My kids love this song. It’s fun and upbeat and came to mind as I finished writing my last post.  I just couldn't get it out of my head and so I ended up singing a bit of it to my daughter so that she could tell me the name of it and who it was by. I listen to enough music by different artists that I have a hard time keeping them straight anymore. I sometimes wonder if it’s a sure sign I’m getting old, but then I figure it’s just not important enough for me to catalog in my brain when I can look it up or just ask one of my kids. lol (yeah, I know, I’m getting old, but a little self delusion isn't always a bad thing, right?)



KJ-52
Brand New Day
(lyrics included in video)


It is a brand new day.  Every day is another chance.  We can choose to remain the same, we can choose to live in the past, or we can choose to embrace positive change and move forward.  It's not as easy as it sounds, that's for sure.  Often it's a process to be able to leave the past in the past so that we can move forward and even then it will sometimes pop up unexpectedly and demand to be dealt with again.  And sometimes it's easy to get down on ourselves because we feel like we're not measuring up, we're not where we want to be in the here and now.  And that's when a glance into the past can be helpful, not to beat ourselves up even more, but to see just how far we've come.  I've always said that this is about the journey, not the destination, but even I need to be reminded of that sometimes.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the song.  It's stuck in my head again.  Is it stuck in yours now too?  It's catchy and not what I'd call an intellectually stimulating song really, but it's upbeat and its fun and the message is a positive one...and sometimes that's just what I need.

Comments

Popular Posts