"Awards"

The latest "award" going around this corner of blogland is the Inspiring Blogger Award. I know that it's supposed to be fun, but I worry about those who see everyone else's posts and never get nominated themselves. In the past when these "awards" come around sometimes I just haven't participated.  And sometimes I have participated, but haven't nominated anyone myself, instead inviting anyone who wants to participate to participate.

Don't get me wrong. I do appreciate it when I'm nominated.  It's nice to know that someone thought to include me.  And I think it's fun to have the question and answer or share something about yourself portion that these usually entail because I get to learn more about my friends in blogland and they get to learn a bit more about me. But I wish it was more like LOL Day or something, where there's an announcement and then everyone is invited to participate. The way these "awards" are presented seems a lot like a popularity contest to me. And I can see how some may get their feelings hurt and feel left out.


I don't know.  Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this way.  It's not that I want to spoil anyone's fun.  It's just that I'm not sure how I feel about participating myself.

Comments

Popular Posts