A Milestone & an Award


Over the weekend my little blog rolled over the 100,000 page views mark.  Wow.  That’s pretty cool!  I’m often amazed that people read here and that some even comment.  I’m humbled and grateful, so thanks!

Also over the weekend our little corner of blogland seems to have exploded with something called the Liebster Award.  To my surprise Pooky, Rogue, Sunny Girl, Danaand Ward & June all nominated me.  I haven’t quite figured out why it’s called an award.  But, since it’s a “tag, you’re it” kind of a thing and I've been tagged, I guess I’ll play along.  I will say that I’m going to bend the rules a bit though.



The rules that come along with the Liebster Award are thus:
  1. When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  2. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
  3. One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
  4. One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one's own blog!
  5. One pastes the award picture into one's blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)

So, 11 random facts about me, huh?

  1. I’ve been to 47 of the 50 states in the USA. 
  2. I used to color my hair all the time, starting when I was in high school, and it’s been all different colors.  But, I haven’t colored it in awhile now, not in the last 5 years or so.
  3. Once upon a time I was a music major in college.  I ended up changing my major, but I still love music.
  4. As far as siblings go, I have one, a younger sister.
  5. My first car was 10 years older than me.  It had been in the family for quite some time, passed around from person to person, and I guess it was my turn.  My friends and I did have a lot of fun in that behemoth.
  6.  I first met Michael when I was 6.
  7. My favorite color is blue, though I wear purple more often these days, probably because that’s Michael’s favorite color.
  8.  My weakness as far as shopping goes isn’t jewelry or shoes, though I do like them, its purses.  I’m currently in possession of a $20 off coupon for Vera Bradley that expires at the end of the month and I’m trying not to think about it.  lol
  9. Growing up my favorite season was fall.  I suppose it was probably because that’s when my birthday is.  And I always liked the cooler and less humid weather and all the fall activities.  But, as I’ve gotten older I’ve learned to appreciate summer more and more.  I enjoy the warmer weather and while I do still like fall, I’ve grown less and less fond of the season that follows.
  10.  I’m younger than Michael, but only by about 6 weeks.  Still, I got to tease him for those 6 weeks last year about being 40 when I was still in my 30’s!  ; )
  11. I live in a highly populated state, but in a tiny little town.


    Okay, so far so good, right? But this is where I’m going to bend the rules a bit. I’m now supposed to answer the 11 questions given to me by the person who nominated me. But, that would mean that I’d have 5 sets of questions to answer, totaling 55 questions. And honestly, I don’t want to bore you to death. So, I’m going to pick and choose questions from each blogger who nominated me and just answer 11 total.

    Q: Where are you sitting as you write this post?
    A: In my dining room.

    Q: What is the last book you read?
    A: The Last Patriot by Brad Thor

    Q: What is the first thing you notice about a man you just met?
    A: Often it’s his eyes.

    Q: What celebrity do you resemble?
    A: Hmmm, I’m not sure I resemble any celebrity. I used to get told that I reminded people of Meg Ryan, but that was a long time ago.

    Q: Do you prefer coffee or tea?
    A: I don’t drink a lot of either actually, but I do like green tea, preferably cold.

    Q: Are you a Democrat, Republican or Independent?
    A: Independent.
            Q: What is your most treasured possession?
A: The things I treasure most in life aren’t possessions. 
I suppose though as far as possessions go, I’d have to pick things like my wedding and engagement rings, my grandmother’s ring that I also always wear, Michael’s class ring from high school that I would wear on a chain around my neck or with electrical tape wrapped around the band to make it fit my finger, my great grandfather’s ring, etc…basically the possessions I have that remind me of the people who gave them to me.

Q: What is on your bucket list?
A: Goodness, I imagine I’d have a pretty long list if I really thought about it, but the main thing I’d like to do is travel more.

Q: What is your favorite pizza topping?
A: Pepperoni

Q: What is your favorite eye color?
A: I’m not sure.  I’ve never really thought about it.  I guess I’d have to say blue or hazel.

Q: Who is your favorite actor/actress?
A: Oh, this is a hard one for me as there are so many good actors and actresses.  I love movies though, so I’ll just share what the last really good one I watched was, Crazy Stupid Love.  So funny!  (mind you I also enjoyed Wreck it Ralph, lol)

Phew!  Okay, I can check the answering of questions off my list.  Now I’m not just going to bend the rules, I’m going to break them.  Rules were made to be broken after all, weren’t they?  (shhhh, don’t tell Michael I said that!)  Anyway, as I’m a bit late to this game of tag and it seems like most  have already been given the award and participated or have decided not to play along, I’m not going to nominate any blogs.  

So, let’s see, out of 5 rules I’ve followed 1 (sharing the award picture), I’ve bent 1 (rule #1…hey, I did follow the first part of the rule), and I’ve broken the other 3.  And now you see what Michael has to deal with.  *hehehe*  Seriously though, thanks for the nominations! 

Comments

Popular Posts