Happy Halloween!


First, I hope that everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy (a.k.a. Frankenstorm) is safe and sound!

It's Halloween and while we don't make as big a deal of it as many we know, we do enjoy decorating and dressing up and yes, the candy too.  A few years ago we went to Disney World in October and we attended Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  The Magic Kingdom was all decorated and we saw some awesome costumes.  Some of the rides and attractions were open and the kids could go around and trick-or-treat.  We had a blast!  This year we'll put a bucket of candy on our porch and head to church. They have a big event every year for the community on Halloween.  There's candy, games, costumes, friends and fun.  : )

I've been going around the house today singing "This is Halloween, this is Halloween..."  Gotta love Tim Burton!  Oh, wait, do you not know what I'm talking about? The Nightmare Before Christmas, of course!  Yes, we'll be watching that movie today.  Still not sure what I'm talking about, well, here's the song I've been singing...



I suppose that Tim Burton's movies require an acquired taste, but I enjoy them, as does our son... Michael and our daughter, not so much.  Well, there's always It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, right?

Anyway, I hope you have a fun, safe and perhaps even a little bit spooky (if you're into that sort of thing) Halloween!  : )

Comments

Popular Posts