Back in the Saddle Again


The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind.  My parents and nephew came to visit and we had a blast.  We went places and saw things and did stuff together.  It was really wonderful.  Michael took some time off while they were here, so I got to see him a lot more and spend time with him as well.  I know that he’d rather take vacation time to get projects done around the house or to go somewhere he’d like to go, but he knows how important it is to me that we all spend time together as a family.  And he knows how I tend to get wound up when there are extra people here, trying to turn into superwoman, and that sometimes I end up not enjoying myself because of that.  I’m so grateful that he took the time off and spent it with all of us.  He was by my side and making sure that things went smoothly and that I didn’t feel like everything was on my shoulders so that I could just relax and enjoy myself and my family.

The last night they were here, Wednesday, was a bit stressful.  Our daughter fell and cut her arm.  Michael and I spent 4 hours at the ER with her just to get two stitches.  We had to get up early the next morning to head to the airport.  We managed to get two hours of sleep.  Needless to say we were exhausted and both napped (something neither of us normally do) yesterday afternoon.  Our daughter is doing well, thankfully.  She’s sore of course and she’ll have to get the stitches out next week.  

For the past two, no, actually closer to three weeks, there’s been no spanking going on.  Well, perhaps a little “love tap” here or there, but that’s about it.  And for the past two weeks, while the dynamic has still been there, it’s been pretty much on the DL (down low) because we’ve had company.  Well, last night Michael decided that it was time for a reconnect.  It had been a rough day, up almost all night the night before, having been stressed out and worried about our daughter, dropping my parents and nephew off at the airport and having to say goodbye, probably not getting to see them again until sometime next year, and just tired in general from all that we’d been doing.

Michael told me that he was proud of me.  He said that I’d done very well with all that we’d had going on, and with what hadn’t been going on.  I was glad to hear that he thought I’d done so well, though I know I slipped a bit here and there.  But, overall I think I did do well.  I think part of that is because I’ve grown some, but I also think that part of it was due to his growth as well.  He stepped in and stepped up and was here when I needed him.  We kept the lines of communication open.  Well, there was one morning when that fell apart a bit, but we worked through it and got back on track.

I was surprised when Michael announced that a spanking was imminent.  He hadn’t mentioned it all day, though he said he’d been thinking about it.  I tried to argue, tried to tell him I didn’t need it, but his mind was made up.  Over his knee I went.  Thankfully he warmed me up nicely with his hand first.  I was worried that he would forget that I would be more sensitive since I hadn’t been spanked in awhile, but it turns out he’d already thought of that.  Then he moved on to the wooden spoon and paddle, and by the time he was done my bottom was quite warm, red, and tender. 

Then he had something else in mind.  He lay down on the bed and pulled me on top of him.  It was wonderful, he was wonderful.  He knows just how to please me, and he seemed pretty pleased himself.  I think my favorite part was all the kissing actually.  When we were young and dating we would sometimes just kiss each other, forever it seemed.  After being married for awhile kisses weren’t generally so sensual anymore.  It was a quick peck or sometimes something that lasted a bit longer with some more feeling behind it, but not like it used to be.  Since we started doing ttwd we find ourselves kissing like we did when we were dating.  We don’t just connect, we get lost in each other again.  And I have to say that’s such a wonderful feeling, one I wish we’d never lost, but one I’m so grateful we’ve found again. 

It’s been a surprising journey for us, incorporating dd into our relationship, doing ttwd.  It’s so much more than spanking…which I’m sure is all it seems to be to someone not living this way.  The spanking is a tool we use, but what ttwd is really about is building and maintaining our relationship, growing closer, staying connected, etc.  And even if I hated the spanking part (which I don’t), it would still be worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts