Tidbits

There wasn’t much communication between Michael and I yesterday, and there hasn’t been today either.  He’s working and I’m home recuperating from Christmas.  This weekend we have a couple more Christmas gatherings, belated obviously.  It’s impossible to fit everything into one weekend and still manage to enjoy the holiday, so we spread things out a bit.  As for New Years Eve, we’ll have a quiet family night at home.  Michael and I will toast in the new year with some sort of adult beverage and we’ll make the kids up their own special drink, usually sprite with their choice of food coloring to make it look festive, in a fancy glass.  They like to stay up and watch the ball drop and ring in the new year with us.  And honestly, there’s no other place I’d rather be.

Hopefully we’ll all be healthy as we start off the new year.  The kids and I have had this cold/virus/whatever for awhile now, it just hangs on.  You start to feel better and then you feel worse again or your progress toward health just stalls.  For my daughter and I while this has meant that we’re sick of being sick, of not feeling 100%, it’s been more of an annoyance than anything.  However, my son started getting a lot worse yesterday and so I took him to the doctors today.  It’s a good thing I did.  He’s on meds now, so I’m hopeful that he’ll be feeling a lot better soon.  Poor kiddo!

I will admit that this time of the year isn’t my favorite.  I’m just not a winter person.  Bring on summer I say!  And where we live winter tends to mean plenty of snow and cold and where is the sun anyway???  I shouldn’t really complain, our weather has been very mild.  But today was cold and grey with snow flurries in the air and the wind was crazy.  I had to slow down on the highway just so I wouldn’t get blown around.  I think the weather today just gave me a taste of what is to come…what a depressing thought.  I know, I know, I should probably appreciate winter, but that’s a struggle for me.  I’ll take warm weather and sunshine any day over this.  We used to live in a much sunnier area of the country and I loved it.  Oh, we still had cold and winter there, but not like we do here.  *sigh*  This is where I remind myself of all the things I have to be thankful for…as sort of a diversionary technique.  And I do have a lot to be thankful for.  That does seem like a much better thing to focus on as we get ready to start a whole new year, doesn’t it?  Ok, I’m going to think on that now, count my blessings, think about the possibilities for the new year, and I’ll get back to you.  ; )

By the way, I’m pretty sure I married the most wonderful man in the universe.  Some of you other ladies may disagree, but that doesn’t sway me from my opinion.  I was feeling quite lonely tonight, really missing him.  I even wrote a post about it, emailed it to him and then promptly deleted it and emailed him again telling him, never mind, please ignore that last email.  He knew better of course and talked with me for a bit tonight.  I also shared with him that I was afraid that he would get tired of ttwd soon, that it was too much effort.  He assured me that it wasn’t and that as much as I might want to get out of spankings I’m out of luck.  He wants me to put on a special necklace that he bought me and wear it for awhile tonight, as a connection to him.  Have I mentioned lately just how much I love him?  <3

Comments

Popular Posts