I’d Decided

Not to worry about the rules last night.  Not to worry about when I’m supposed to get off the computer.  Not to worry about what time I’m supposed to go to bed.  I’d decided to do as I pleased.  And if that meant that I ended up getting off the computer and going to bed at about the right time, so be it, and if not, that was ok too.

I was thinking that ttwd is silly.  These rules are ridiculous.  I don’t need a bedtime.  I’m a grown woman!  I take care of the kids and the house.  I’m responsible for our children’s education for goodness sake!  I’m pretty sure that I can handle getting myself to bed at some point all on my own, thank you very much.

I’d decided.  But, guess what?  I changed my mind.  The more I thought about it, the more my heart softened and the more I wanted to please my husband.  I thought about all that he does for me, for our family.  And I thought about the reason he’d put those rules in place.  They were for my benefit; he’s looking out for me.

Not very long ago these thoughts wouldn’t have occurred to me, or if they had, I’d have pushed them aside.  I think maybe, just maybe, I’m growing.  And I feel good about that.  Not so good as to have a swelled head about it or anything.  Not so good as to think that I’ve got this submission thing down.  Just good enough to put a smile on my face and be encouraged to take on another day.  : )

Comments

Popular Posts