Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday filled with good food, family and friends!  No matter how you spend your holiday or what’s going on in your life, I’m sure that you have a lot to be thankful for...I know I certainly do!

I’m thankful for God, his faithfulness to me and my faith in him.  I’m thankful for my family…my husband (yes, even when he spanks me, lol), my kids, my parents, my sister, and so many, many others.  I’m thankful for my friends…both online (yes, that means you!) and offline.  I’m thankful for my health, which has been, well, questionable at times, but overall I can’t complain.  I’m thankful for the roof over my head, my vehicle in the driveway, the food in the fridge, the furnace in the basement and the clothes on my body.  I have so much to be thankful for, I couldn’t possibly list it all here.  I am incredibly blessed.  And, no matter how I may be feeling at any particular moment on any particular day, I know that.  I’m so thankful.

We’re going away for the holiday.  Actually, we’re about to leave right now.  We’d hoped to leave yesterday, but things just didn’t work out that way.  We’ll spend the next few days with family and friends.  It’s a time we look forward to every year.  The one downside about this trip is that there won’t be much in the way of privacy.  We’ll stay with family, a bunch of us gathered in the same house.  Sometimes Michael and I have a bedroom to ourselves because all the kids opt to sleep in the living room, but other times our kids want to sleep in the room with us.  Even if we have a room to ourselves, I can’t imagine there will be any spanking going on…at least I hope not!  I hadn’t even thought about this when Michael brought up the idea of having me write lines.  What?  Where did that come from?  Oh, thanks a lot Dee, seems he picked up that idea from reading your blog!  He said that he thinks it might be a good way to discipline me if the need arises while we’re away for the holiday.  I told him that I had no plans to pack a notebook!

Well, I guess I’d better wrap this up so that we can leave.  I probably won’t be posting anything for a few days since we’ll be gone.  I plan to check in here and my email from time to time and maybe I’ll even get the chance to check on other’s blogs as well.  If not, I’ll just have to play catch up early next week. 

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe travels if you’re traveling!  : )

Comments

Popular Posts