A Change of Heart

I’d disobeyed him.  He’d forgiven me and told me that we’d talk later.  What he really meant was that he’d discipline me when we got home from our trip.

We didn’t get home until Sunday evening.  By the time we unpacked and got the kids off to bed we were both pretty worn out.  It had been a long day.  We headed upstairs to bed and he closed the bedroom door tightly.  I wondered what he was thinking.  Oh, I knew really, he felt like he had a responsibility to fulfill and he was planning on taking care of it.  But really, we were exhausted and he wasn’t going to get much sleep as it was.  I tried to talk to him and he came over and lay next to me on the bed.  He could tell that I wasn’t just trying to get out of discipline and we discussed it for a couple of minutes.  And that’s when he had a change of heart.  He told me that I was right, it was late, and we were tired and needed sleep.  He said that he’d thought about postponing it further, but he didn’t want to make me wait any longer.  So, he said that there would be no discipline after all.  He felt that we could both move on without it.  I was relieved.  He checked on the kids and came to bed and it wasn’t long before we were both sound asleep.

Not that long ago if a similar situation had arisen, I’d have been quite upset.  I would’ve been all out of sorts because I’d been anticipating that discipline, having already had to wait for it, and him not going through with it would’ve just woken up Miss Attitude and her cohort Miss Independent.  I would’ve needed the discipline in order to move on.  But, this time was different.  I did take stock of my emotions and I realized that yes, I really was comfortable with his decision.  I wasn’t just telling myself (and him) that.  And I certainly appreciated that he wasn’t going to make me wait even longer.  That probably wouldn’t have been a good thing.  Really though, I think we’d both moved past my disobedience already anyway and so the discipline wasn’t really needed.

To tell you the truth, that was a strange feeling.  I mean, it was a good thing, but it was also an odd realization.  Believe me; I’m well aware that this doesn’t mean things will always happen that way, but it was nice to know that we were both capable of moving on without a spanking being involved.  I’m sure that his continued dominance while we were on our trip helped, as well as the fact that we had already talked about the incident.

So, let’s see, I think this means it’s now been over a week since I’ve been spanked.  How do I feel about that?  Well, on the one hand I think it’s great…and on the other, I’m wondering when Michael will be home again to um, take care of business.  What a conundrum!  lol  I do believe I’m a bit of an enigma, but I bet I’m not the only one.  ; )  

Comments

Popular Posts