Slipping

Sooooooo, last night I decided not to get off the computer on time or go to bed on time.  If you aren’t aware, Michael wants me off the computer by 11pm and headed for bed by 11:30.  And he expects a text from me before I’m in dreamland.  I did still text him...late.

You see, I had been reading some stuff online  (remember my post yesterday about my recent obsession?  yeah, um, anyway).  When I glanced at the time I was shocked to see that it was 10:50pm already.  Uhoh, only 10 minutes left before I was supposed to shut down the computer.  But, I was reading and it was interesting and I didn’t want to stop just yet.  So, I read a little more, glanced at the clock, read a little more, and checked again.  It was now 11:06.  Oh dear, I had a decision to make.  What was I going to do?  Shut down the computer like I should’ve 6 minutes ago or read a little more?  I decided to continue reading.  I finally turned the computer off at 11:45pm, which is about when I should’ve been in bed texting Michael to say goodnight.

Why did I do it?  It’s simple really.  I just didn’t feel like getting off the computer yet and it didn’t seem like a big deal.  I don’t know where my head was at, or maybe, is at.  There have been other nights that I didn’t really want to get off the computer, but I’ve still shut it down on time.  So, why didn’t I do that last night?  I’m not sure.  I’m still trying to figure that out. 

I don’t know.  I mean, I’m not perfect and I’ll never be perfect, none of us are.  So, last night I slipped.  These things happen, right?  (and sssshhhhh, I’m trying not to think about the term deliberate disobedience just now, ok?)  So, I’ll admit my slip to Michael, (pretty sure he didn’t notice what time I sent that text) and then I’ll just try to do better tonight.  It’s really not a big deal, or so I’m still telling myself…but part of me wonders if he’ll see it that way too.

Comments

Popular Posts