Miss Attitude versus Loopy Johnny

For some reason Miss Attitude likes to greet Michael when he gets home.  He’s gone a lot for work, often days at a time, and when he arrives home things have a tendency to go downhill fast.  He wants to know why and what we need to do about it.  I don't know, it doesn't make any sense to me either.  I look forward to these homecomings.

But, despite my attempts to intervene, when Michael got home today there was Miss Attitude, ready to greet him.  She didn't appear as soon as he walked through the door, but it wasn’t long after that.  I probably don't need to tell you that Michael isn’t a fan of Miss Attitude.  She's short and snippy with him and acts like she can’t be bothered.  She seems to think she knows better than he does and can be condescending and dismissive.

It wasn’t long before he’d had enough of her and he told me to come upstairs with him.  Great.  Miss Attitude had gotten me in trouble again.  Once we were in our bedroom Michael started lecturing.  He talked to me not only about Miss Attitude, but also about a little thing called deliberate disobedience.  Yeah, turns out that’s not such a little thing at all.  He wasn’t happy about me deciding not to get off the computer on time and staying up late the other night.  Oh, and by the way, he said that he had indeed noticed the fact that my text was late.  Guess he’s paying more attention than I thought he was.  *gulp*  I acknowledged my actions and Miss Attitude, apologizing and promising to try to do better and keep her under wraps.  I'm sure he'd like me to promise to banish her altogether, but I can't promise that, not yet anyway.

Then, to my distress, out came Loopy Johnny to challenge Miss Attitude.  And let me tell you, while Miss Attitude thinks she's really something, Loopy Johnny has talents of his own.  In fact, I can unfortunately report that his performance is quite impressive even over jeans!  Miss Attitude is definitely not a fan of Loopy Johnny, and neither am I!  But Michael is…he says that he thinks LJ gets his point across quite nicely.  And Johnny is also very quiet, perfect for when there are children or guests in the house.  I still recommend some background noise though, or at least a pillow to bury your face into, because while Loopy was quiet, Miss Attitude and I certainly weren't!

As if I need to tell you, Johnny won the match handily.  Miss Attitude wasn't much of a contender I’m afraid.  Hopefully she'll stay in her corner of the ring for awhile now...though you never know with her, she can be quite willful and stubborn.  She isn't always easy to subdue.  But, Loopy gave her a run for her money and I’m quite sure he’s scared her off for the time being.  Now if I could just figure out how to keep her in check without Loopy or one of his friends making an appearance!

For those of you who might be wondering if Michael placed further restrictions on my computer time, no…not yet.  But he wasn’t happy…not so much because I shut down the computer late and went to bed late, but because it had been deliberate.  So, the warning has been issued and since I don’t want any further restrictions you can bet I’m going to do my best to shut the computer down and head to bed on time from now on! 

Comments

Popular Posts