Bummed

Its nights like this that I get a little down about Michael being gone so much.  It was only 9pm when he called to say goodnight, but I could hear in his voice that he was exhausted.  He talked briefly to the kids and then to me.  We hardly said anything to each other and we were off the phone.  He’d had an early morning and a busy day.  We had talked only once earlier in the day and that had also been brief.  I did email him a couple of things, but he hadn’t had time to look at them.  I understood, but I got off the phone feeling very lonely.

After a short while I’m sure I’ll be alright again.  I have the kids here with me and I'm used to him being gone.  It’s just that in that moment my heart kind of hurt.  And I thought to myself, what would it be like if he had a job where he worked 8 hour days (or even 10 or 12 hour days) and was home every night?  But, he’s had jobs where he was gone for even longer periods of time than he is now.  So, I’m thankful that his schedule is better now than it has been in the past.  And, especially in this economy, I’m thankful that he has a job, even if, in my opinion, he does have to work too hard and he's gone too much. 

.
.
.

Funny…while I was writing this, my email notifier popped up.  It was a reply from Michael to one of my emails…and then another reply came.  Sweet man!  Even though he’s exhausted, he’s taking the time to read and reply to the emails I sent him today.  Have I mentioned just how much I love him?  *contented sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts