CDD & Me…or maybe not

Yes, I’m a Christian and in a DD relationship.  So, I should identify with others who use the term CDD, right?  Well, I do…and I don’t.  Are you confused yet?  Ok, let me clarify.


Yes, I’m a Christian, a Christ follower, a Jesus freak.  And yes, we’ve introduced DD into our marriage.  So, in that sense I identify with others who use the term CDD.  But, I don’t believe that Domestic Discipline is somehow ordained by God.  And that’s where I diverge from some people I’ve seen using the term CDD.  Yes, in the Bible it does tell wives to respect their husbands and to submit to them.   However, there’s no mention of a husband disciplining his wife, no mention that a husband should spank his wife…at least not that I can see.  Instead, what it says is that the husband is supposed to love his wife and honor her.  So, for us, DD isn’t part of our religion, our walk with Christ.  And, in that sense, I don’t identify with some who use the term CDD.  Yes, Domestic Discipline does go along nicely with me respecting him and submitting to him and yes, even with his loving me and honoring me, believe it or not.  However, DD is a choice we’ve made that’s about my relationship with my husband, not about religion.

By the way, I’m not advocating this type of relationship for everyone.   I mean, yes, I realize if you’re reading this you probably have some interest in DD anyway and maybe already use it in your own relationship.  For us, it’s something we both want and something we’ve agreed on.  It’s something that I brought up many years ago now…first the idea of erotic spankings and then moving on from there.  It’s something that we both enjoy and it seems to work for us.  We find ourselves feeling closer and being intimate more often.  I know I feel happier, more at ease, and actually, just more able to tackle life in general.  I feel loved and secure, cherished even.

I will say that we had a good foundation to begin with.  We’re both Christians, so we share the same faith.  And we were friends before we were lovers.  Don’t get me wrong, our marriage has had it’s ups and downs, like any marriage does…and some of that is what led us to DD to begin with.  But, if you have a good foundation to start with then you have something to fall back on in hard times.

I guess I’ve gotten a little off topic, huh?  Suffice it to say, I guess I personally wouldn’t use the term CDD (though I can understand why others do).  But for me, I’d say that yes, I’m a Christian and am in a DD relationship, and leave it at that.  ; )

Note: Lest I be misunderstood, I’m not saying that I’m against using the term CDD, just not sure I want all the connotations that it brings.  I certainly don’t have a problem with anyone else who chooses to use the term.  This is just my take on it, just sharing my thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts